cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well, it happened...

Highlighted

Re: Well, it happened...

"DVR recordings are legal under copyright law's fair use doctrine, and the courts have consistently upheld this doctrine."

I hope it stays that way, but looking at the history of the music file sharers, I have my doubts, 

Also it seems that you can't make a copy and give it to somebody.

From First Circuit Court, Sony BMG Music Entertainment v Tenebaum:

"Although the First Circuit Court, in its opinion, recommends Congress to reanalyze its copyright laws

..."

Amen!

"Peer-to-peer file sharing of copyrighted works by individuals for the purpose of "enjoyment" is not fair use."

Boooo!

Did I just accidentally stumble into a legal forum?  Smiley Embarassed)>

Highlighted
Associate Professor

/me woke up just to say:

something something USENET search engine something something

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

• File sharing violates copyright.
  • Fair use does not apply to file sharing, and is not a copyright violation. 
  • Fair use provides for a copy for personal use, such as that obtained via a DVR or the old VCRs (or in the case of print media, photocopying)   
  • When the user shares the file, fair use no longer applies. 
  • The suggested reforms to copyright law will likely not impact fair use negatively. 
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

I need to relax.  This month I used more than four times the data I normally use.  Smiley Surprised  

Capture.JPG

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro