cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are you having for dinner tonight!

Senior Instructor

Re: What are you having for dinner tonight!

Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday are usually salad nights:
If it isn't Panera, I usually make a "killer salad" in layered phases:
2 cups of Lettuce, halved grape tomatoes, blueberries, low-sugar craisins.
Halved black olives, sliced/quartered radishes, sliced/quartered cucumber, sliced baby carrots, sliced/sectioned red onion rings, sliced green pepper.
Halved pickeled beets, green or kalmata olives, either cottage cheese or mild pepper rings with deli pepper strips.
Topped with shredded mild cheddar and some crushed basil/tomato feta.

It's a ton of food that's only 286 calories, 42g carbs, 14g fat, 13g protein when measured out correctly. I wolf my food and it takes me about a half hour to finish.

Edit: The reason for Mon/Wed/Sat is a holdover from training. I used to have long training runs on Tues, Thus & Sun and didn't like to get bloated. I don't subscribe to "carbing up" the day before (actually think that's dangerous). I do subscribe to the theory of heavy proteins the day of, which keeps your muscles in shape.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Senior Instructor

MarkJFine wrote:

Yeah, I actually should have thought of that. My wife is diabetic and is limited to something like 30g carbs/day.

D'oh... yeah, that is low. Should have been 30g/meal. lol

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Associate Professor

" cups of Lettuce, halved grape tomatoes, blueberries, low-sugar craisins.
Halved black olives, sliced/quartered radishes, sliced/quartered cucumber, sliced baby carrots, sliced/sectioned red onion rings, sliced green pepper.
Halved pickeled beets, green or kalmata olives, either cottage cheese or mild pepper rings with deli pepper strips.
Topped with shredded mild cheddar and some crushed basil/tomato feta."

yum.png

Associate Professor

30g a meal would be very bad for me (although it'd also be quite delicious!)

MarkJFine wrote:

MarkJFine wrote:

Yeah, I actually should have thought of that. My wife is diabetic and is limited to something like 30g carbs/day.

D'oh... yeah, that is low. Should have been 30g/meal. lol

Senior Instructor

Tonight was chicken **bleep** coated in seasoned Panko with sweet potato tater tots and broccoli/peas

Senior Instructor

lol... y'all to figure out what unobjectional word Community censored with **bleep**

Distinguished Professor II

MarkJFine wrote:

Tonight was chicken **bleep** coated in seasoned Panko with sweet potato tater tots and broccoli/peas

ROFLMAO!!!!!  That the system bleeped out that word is just hilarious.  Smiley Happy

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

...lol oh. 

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Associate Professor

I hear chicken bleeps go well with a nice Merlot.

MarkJFine wrote:

Associate Professor

"ROFLMAO!!!!!  That the system bleeped out that word is just hilarious."

Because they're obscenely good.