Why is this internet so slow?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TravisN
Freshman

Why is this internet so slow?

I understand I don't know it all so maybe someone can enlighten me here. I have Dish tv and I can run hd 1080p 24/7 but I can't watch a couple movies a week from Plex or Amazon prim with Hughes??? Is it not the same systems? Dishes pointing at dishes? And what year do we live in here? How come we can't figure this out? The paying customers are still suffering after the 5th generation. Boggles the mind. At this point I feel like it's just a cruel joke from some suit that hates humanity. Maybe someone can clue me in on this. I've never had this type of internet b4 now and I'd honestly rather go without that be so pissed off all the time and somehow try and justify why I'm paying for it. I feel like any other provider of goods would be long gone and out of business had they had the nerve to deliver what this trash service does. And I'm about to get another hit in my credit report for lack of payment from yet another place that thinks I owe them for something that's so lame. What do I have to lose at this point really other than a headache?
7 REPLIES 7
charmar97
New Poster

Wait till Verizon gets 5g lte and we'll no longer need Hughesnet.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Verizon is super slow in my area. 

This Hughsnet is awful. Made a big mistake changing to this . Slower than my previous

provider

dbstone1968
New Poster

I agree. They're the worst company I've ever dealt with

I REALLY WISH HughesNet would explain ALL of that so people that have another option would NOT sign up so people like ME that have no other option can actually Have the 25+ Speed to just stay connected....

bettyboop255
New Poster

Having the same trouble.  Had to cancel Amazon because Hughs internet does not have the speed to play their videos.  On Netflix, have some trouble with buffering all the time but it will play eventually.  If I did not have to pay $300 to cancel would do so in a minute.  Have another year and a half to go.  Then goodbye Hughs.  Several people have asked me about Hughs and I quickly told them not to order.  Was glad to see someone else is having trouble.  Thought maybe it was just me.

betty boop 255

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@bettyboop255

Have you tried toggling the Video Data Saver?  

What is Video Data Saver?