Hughesnet Community

Why would I even notice something like this?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Why would I even notice something like this?

Capture.JPG

52 REPLIES 52

@MarkJFine wrote:

- select Dead concerts. Was always tempted but never got started, 'cause I'd never stop.

I got hooked. I started in the beginning, when Napster got busted, BearShare  took hold.

My BroBill said  it was awesome, but there was no Bluegrass. (notice I didnt say country)

OK I'll look , found BluegrassCountry.org and they got sutdown and moved all their files to Etree.org.

(the digital version of the original tape traders of Dead Concerts.)

I came to find out........ Token - Free (500MB)   that Garcia played banjo in a Caliifornia band with the name of Old & In the Way.

Who Knew? Grateful Dead played Bluegrass?

@MarkJFine

sitting here laughing at your unintentional ***bleeeeps****

I think it was @GabeU who wrote something last week about his parents dog which ultimately came out as a **bleeep** as well.

It cracked me up...

I'm guessing that at some point, when this community was being put together, someone was instructed to type up a list of possible offensive curse words, and other words that would typically be considered obscene, and add them to a HughesNet Support community database of somesort so that if any person attempted to type in any of those 'keywords'..it would automatically ***bleep*** out.

LOL! sounds like a fun job..

Perhaps his name was Di*K too, haha

GabeU

Yep.  I wrote something about one of my folks' dogs wanting to "consume me" everytime I go over there, but I used the word eat instead of consume, and the system bleeped it.  It was absolutely hilarious.  

Since this is a non-tech area, is this not an area to 

post a message including all the objectional words I can think of,

Just to test out their script???  Smiley Happy

pretty sure there are three of us with enough Brit vernacular to muster a few they hadn't thought of yet.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

I would tell my friends my name has only one "o"

It's big Bob,    not big **bleep**

kitnbob
Tutor

this is what my Christmas Bonus looks like.

@GabeU whare did you get your nice arrows?

BonusTokens2.png 

GabeU

@kitnbob wrote:

They're part of the options in Windows Paint when a picture is edited.  

You chose the arrow pointing the way you want as well as the color, and you can make the arrow as long or wide as you need, as well as the thickness of the lines ("Size" next to the "Color 1" option).  Also, the arrow color doesn't match "Color 1" as I snipped a pic of the default paint options, then edited that snip with the arrow pointing to where the arrows are.  So, using paint I edited a snip I took of the paint editing options.  LOL.  😛   

BTW, when I say "snip" I'm referring to the Snipping Tool in Windows.  

Capture.JPG

@GabeU wrote:

@kitnbob wrote:

They're part of the options in Windows Paint when a picture is edited.  

Wow I havent used Paint since the 90's. Is it still in the accessories folder?

PaintShop Pro was popular back then.  Smiley Happy

kitnbob
Tutor

I didnt notice this. Smiley Indifferent

Christmas BonusChristmas Bonus

kitnbob
Tutor

I noticed this today during a breif snow-outage.

My H2000w is running on UTC time.

@MarkJFine Good Idea! Thanks

satelitedown-O3.png