cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why would I even notice something like this?

Professor

Re: Why would I even notice something like this?

@kitnbob, actually, I have bought most of my tokens.  I still have some complimentary tokens saved from before Gen 4, but I've also supplemented my token collection with purchases.

Assistant Professor

I still have a bunch of prepaid and free tokens that are unapplied. Don't even remember how I got them.

Those never show in the Usage Meter until you go to buy some and hit "Use".

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Senior

@MarkJFine wrote:

Those never show in the Usage Meter until you go to buy some and hit "Use".

I remember that from Gen3 I couldnt use the "Status Meter" app

had to go to home.myhughesnet    and to my surprise I had six or eight accumulated . Never bought any.

I never upgraded my plan to Gen4. Three or four months ago, I just skipped it and upgraded to Gen5.

and then the app changed names to Usage Meter.  and All My Tokens were gone. ("your New plan dosent support "complementary tokens") 

So I have been paying attention to my warnings as GabeU has  Smiley Wink

Senior

I noticed this today during a breif snow-outage.

My H2000w is running on UTC time.

@MarkJFine Good Idea! Thanks

satelitedown-O3.png

Professor

@kitnbob, if you had tokens before, they can be restored. I also had no tokens listed when I upgraded to Gen 5.  I contacted one of the moderators here and the tokens were restored.

Assistant Professor

@kitnbob

Might also want to edit that image to take your SAN/Acct# off. people can use it for ID theft.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Professor

Is there a place to set the time on the SCC?  Mine is 5 hours ahead.  (I hadn't noticed the 24 hour clock, but I'm used to that so it's not a problem).

Distinguished Professor IV

@maratsade wrote:

Is there a place to set the time on the SCC?  Mine is 5 hours ahead.  (I hadn't noticed the 24 hour clock, but I'm used to that so it's not a problem).

No.  The SCC is on UTC for everyone.  Having it on peoples' own time zones would/could cause too much chaos when it comes to many aspects of, not ony the modem itself, but tech services.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Assistant Professor

@maratsade

Almost everyone on the Daily Cannon website is on GMT, but it's hosted in Germany so the logs are +1. You should see the fun when I have to track something down.

Distinguished Professor IV

@maratsade wrote:

@GabeU, if you go over, you have GOT to take a pic of it.  You're Mr SuperDataMiser, after all.  You have a duty to document your downfall.  Smiley Wink 

Well, I made it through.  Only 42 minutes to go.  It's the closest I've ever come, though.  It's also the most data, combined, that I've ever used.  

Capture.JPG

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit