Windows 11

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Windows 11

Anyone upgrade yet?  If so, what do you think of it?  Any problems?  

I've upgraded two systems to W11, and it's working perfectly on both of them.  One is a home built Ryzen 5 based desktop and the other is an AM02 mini PC.  I first did an upgrade in place, both to ensure that Microsoft's servers would have a copy of the digital license and to save the driver file repository, just in case I needed any drivers after performing a clean install.  I then saved a system image of the W11 install.  After that I performed a clean install.  I'm not too keen on upgrades in place, as they drag problems that may have existed to the new OS, so I always end up performing a clean install in the end.  

I like it.  It's going to take a bit of getting used to, especially with finding all of the settings, but the layout is cleaner than it was.  It very much reminds me of Mac's Big Sur.  It also seems more responsive.  

I did read about an issue with AMD processors that may result in reduced performance with some processes, but AMD and Microsoft are working on it.  Unfortunately, this affects both of my systems, though I haven't actually noticed any problems and the performance hit is supposed to be minimal.  

So far, so good.

18 REPLIES 18