Hughesnet Community

poor lamb

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor lamb

I ran into a acquaintance of mine at a local tavern the other day.  He was very excited to tell me that he just had satellite internet installed, and was going to get Netflix, and would also be able to do away with his satellite TV bill, all for only fifty bucks a month.

I asked him what tech company he used and he said: "I don't remember the name.  They're across from the BBQ place." ( 20 miles away )  They're not the company I use.  Mine is reliable and honest.  His told him that all of this stuff was going to be easy.

I asked him what satellite company he was with, and he replied: "I don't know.  I think it's written on the dish somewhere."   When I asked him how many gigs of data was in his plan, he didn't know the answer to that either   I said to him, before you do anything like this again, please come and talk to me first.

Like a lamb to the slaughter.

I smell a soon to be broken contract. :>)>  If so, it will be second that I know of in my tiny little community, in just the last few months.

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot."
ROBERT HEINLEIN

32 REPLIES 32