cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor lamb

Assistant Professor

Re: poor lamb

I'll just say it is sad, if that is less offensive, when someone purchases something based on phone sales without doing any real research first.

@maratsade wrote:

No Get Out of Jail Free card for naivete.

Darn it,  where is that quote!  Something like "There is only one penalty for ignorance:  death.  And it's alway applied by nature without pity."

@Reggie wrote:

............ Why does everyone on this community fell it is ok to kick those that are down.  Maybe it's time you give them a hand up not a kick in the teeth.

Ah, a starry eyed idealist.  Smiley Embarassed)

I think it's caused by  "The weak chicken syndrome".  I don't know if it's true or not, but I've heard that if one of their number gets weak, the rest of a chicken flock will peck it to death.

I don't think it's reached that point here though.

Advanced Tutor

Are you willing to take a trip?

@BirdDog wrote:

................. I'm still waiting for the check from my man in Nigeria.

I already got mine.  It bounced though.  Smiley Embarassed)>

Distinguished Professor III

@BirdDog wrote:

I'm still waiting for the check from my man in Nigeria.

It looks like my funds are being held up in customs, and it appears to be cash!  

I found this in my junk mail this morning.  Talk about coincidence!!!  Smiley Tongue  

Capture.JPG

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Senior Instructor

lol... I also like the fake purchase orders with virus attachments. Got one today from someone supposedly in the UAE via a hacked server in Japan!

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

@MarkJFine wrote:

lol... I also like the fake purchase orders with virus attachments. Got one today from someone supposedly in the UAE via a hacked server in Japan!

I get a ton of those regarding supposed Amazon orders.  It becomes a game of "wack a scam".  Smiley Tongue

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I talked to the poor lamb yesterday.  He cancelled his debit card, and then called Viasat and told them to come and get their equipment.

@gaines_wright wrote:

I talked to the poor lamb yesterday.  He cancelled his debit card, and then called Viasat and told them to come and get their equipment.

Though your friend may ultimately get away with the credit card thing and cancellation, you may want to advise him to send back the required equipment when he gets the return kit, as one thing they aren't going to do is "come and get their equipment", and he'll be in collections for it before he knows it.  

People need to pick their battles, and the equipment one he'll lose.  Though they may back down on the contract, they won't on the cost of the equipment.  Doing things under the table won't save him from that.