cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

this is terrible service and terrible customer service!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
New Poster

this is terrible service and terrible customer service!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for chatting with Hughes Network Systems today.
11:39:51 AM Jeremy Brothers> how much will i be charged for canceling my account
11:39:55 AM Due to government regulations in response to the coronavirus pandemic, Customer Care
agents in some of our centers are not able to come to work. As a result, we are experiencing longer than
usual wait times. Please stay on the line and a Customer Care agent will be with you soon. Thank you for
your patience during this extraordinary time.
11:39:56 AM HughesNet is currently experiencing very high network usage due to the pandemic. This
means customers may experience slow service due to network congestion. We have taken steps to
optimize work-at-home and education applications when possible. Please hold to speak to the next
representative. Currently, wait times may exceed 20 minutes
11:39:57 AM With so many people using the internet at home, during these unprecedented times, the
HughesNet network is operating at full capacity across most of the US. To improve work from home and
educational activities, we have implemented the following changes:
þÿ " C l o u d - b a s e d b u s i n e s s a p p l i c a t i o n s h a v e b e e n o p t i m i z e d
þÿ " E d u c a t i o n a l t o o l s h a v e b e e n o p t i m i z e d
þÿ " W e h a v e a l s o u p d a t e d o u r w e b s i t e t o a d d r e s s f r e q u e n t l y - a s k work-from-home applications. Please visit hninfo.us/worktips for more information.
We are doing everything possible to make sure you stay connected in this challenging time.
11:39:59 AM Please wait while we connect you to a live agent. The next available agent will text you
back.
11:40:51 AM Agent 397245 Tadoy, Ronnie joined chat.
11:40:54 AM 397245 Tadoy, Ronnie> Thank you for contacting HughesNet Support. This is Ronnie,
þÿ H o w c a n I h e l p y o u ?
11:41:28 AM Jeremy Brothers> i want to know how much i will be charged if i choose to cancel my
account
11:42:47 AM 397245 Tadoy, Ronnie> Hello?
11:43:04 AM Jeremy Brothers> i want to know how much i will be charged if i choose to cancel my
account
11:44:54 AM 397245 Tadoy, Ronnie> I really want to help you, please confirm if you are receiving my
þÿ m e s s a g e . T h a n k y o u .
11:45:33 AM Jeremy Brothers> I am done with this crap. and crappy service!!!!!!!!!!!
11:45:44 AM 397245 Tadoy, Ronnie> I just wanna make sure that our chat session is still active. Please
respond.
11:47:24 AM 397245 Tadoy, Ronnie> I apologize, I will have to disconnect this chat session since I am
unable to receive your response. Your case ID for this chat session is . Again thank you for contacting
HughesNet Support, 129182052. Have a nice day!
Hughes Network

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: this is terrible service and terrible customer service!!!!!!!!!!

There was evidently a chat issue.  You can always try again.  

To cancel, however, you must call 866-347-3292, as calling is the only way to cancel your service.

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted

Same exact thing happened in 3 different chats with me today as well and i asked the same question you did. I have currently been on the phone ON HOLD for over 10 minutes now to fins out how much it cost to cancel service. My contract is not up until march 2021. 

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

due to the pandemic, call and chat centers are understaffed and overwhelmed, and it's not just happening to HughesNet. It's happening to everyone who offers phone and chat support. 

You can calculate how much you owe in ETF.  It's $400 for the first 3 months, and then it goes down $15 a month. 

kim87 wrote:

Same exact thing happened in 3 different chats with me today as well and i asked the same question you did. I have currently been on the phone ON HOLD for over 10 minutes now to fins out how much it cost to cancel service. My contract is not up until march 2021. 

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@kim87 wrote:

The residential Early Termnination Fee is $400 for the first 90 days after activation, then $15 less per month thereafter.  If you got the service in Mar 2019, your ETF would be somewhere around $250.  

https://legal.hughesnet.com/ServiceTermsAndConditions-current.cfm

Edit:  maratsade posted while I was composing my reply

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit