HughesNet Community

GEN-5 -- Upgraded and lost my tokens

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
larrykelly
Junior

GEN-5 -- Upgraded and lost my tokens

Keep an eye on your tokens when you upgrade. I had six tokens in the bank before upgrading and zero afterward. I called customer service, and they replaced them for me.

17 REPLIES 17
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Lost mine, too.  I'm in the process of trying to have them transferred/replaced.  


Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro

The HUGESNET SUPPORT person that helped me was Edward Anderson, case number 103236522. Only required one call, though he made multiple transactions to add the tokens and then credit my account. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

I went a different way, but they are reinstated.  I still don't know if I will ever need them, but it's nice to have them just in case.  🙂


Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
GW
Advanced Tutor

23.7 GB already loaded in my token bytes bucket went byebye upon upgrade. My 16.5 GB of accumulated legacy tokens are still in my account.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV


@GW wrote:

23.7 GB already loaded in my token bytes bucket went byebye upon upgrade. My 16.5 GB of accumulated legacy tokens are still in my account.


I'm sure you'll be able to get them back.  I would PM a mod instead of calling, but that's just my opinion.  


Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
GW
Advanced Tutor

I'm not concerned about losing token bytes. They'll be replaced. It's just a little disturbing that presently the default is to nuke the bucket upon upgrade. Probably a temporary oversight but it will cause them a lot of work dealing with irate customers.

The mods should take a cue from this thread and strive to have engineering fix as this now seems to be a feature and not a random bug. 

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV


@GW wrote:

I'm not concerned about losing token bytes. They'll be replaced. It's just a little disturbing that presently the default is to nuke the bucket upon upgrade. Probably a temporary oversight but it will cause them a lot of work dealing with irate customers.


That's for sure. It'd be a good idea to prevent this happening in the first place by making sure the tokens transfer.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV


@GabeU wrote:

Lost mine, too.  I'm in the process of trying to have them transferred/replaced.  


I hope that won't be difficult to do.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV


@maratsade wrote:

@GabeU wrote:

Lost mine, too.  I'm in the process of trying to have them transferred/replaced.  


I hope that won't be difficult to do.


It wasn't.  I pmed Liz and she added them back in.  I do wish they made it easier for her and other mods to do so, though, as she ended up having to add them a few at a time, then credit the account for the cost.  It zeroed out in the end, of course.  

  


Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro

That was the same mechanism the tech that helped me had to follow to get my tokens back.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV


@larrykelly wrote:

That was the same mechanism the tech that helped me had to follow to get my tokens back.


And it was Welcome Back Tokens Day! Smiley Very Happy

I upgraded to gen 5 today and I also lost the tokens, 9.5 GB to be specific.

I called customer support to request that they be added back to my acccount.

They replied that this was standard procedure upon changing to Gen 5; they would not restore the tokens.

Case# is 103523561

Could a moderator assist with this issue?

 

Wally Estes


@Wally Estes wrote:

I called customer support to request that they be added back to my acccount.

They replied that this was standard procedure upon changing to Gen 5; they would not restore the tokens.


And so it begins. What an awful decision they have made.

Hi Wally,

 

Thanks for posting and sharing your case number. Please check your PMs.

 

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV


@GabeU wrote:

@maratsade wrote:

@GabeU wrote:

Lost mine, too.  I'm in the process of trying to have them transferred/replaced.  


I hope that won't be difficult to do.


It wasn't.  I pmed Liz and she added them back in.  I do wish they made it easier for her and other mods to do so, though, as she ended up having to add them a few at a time, then credit the account for the cost.  It zeroed out in the end, of course.  

  


That sounds time consuming for the mods, especially if they have a lot of users asking for tokens to be added back in.  I'm sure they'll have this figured out soon enough so tokens will transfer with the upgrade.  Glad to hear that aside from being a bit time consuming, it can be done fairly easily.  I don't want to lose my 25GB in tokens!

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV


@larrykelly wrote:

Keep an eye on your tokens when you upgrade. I had six tokens in the bank before upgrading and zero afterward. I called customer service, and they replaced them for me.


Great tip, Larry. Cheers!