Hughesnet Community

Gen5 Upgrade..

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gen5 Upgrade..

I have decided to upgrade to Gen5. I have some questions that I want to be addressed before the install. 

I currently have an HN9000 model which uses 2 cables from the dish to modem.  I had my initial install done in 2008.   Will the installer run new cable for the new system or just use the old?   With it being 9 years old would it be best to advise them to run new??  I know Gen5 uses only one cable, do they only run one single cable or do they still use the dual combined cable and only connect one of them?  (Just a note my cable is ran above ground, I don't know if HughesNet recommends this, but I have a water line running across under ground between where dish is and house so having the cable underground is not really an option). 

I was looking around for some details on what a normal install consists of and could not find any information.  I know before pole mounts were extra cost and if you need more than a certain amount of cable, is there a cable limit now? (I had to pay extra when my system was installed in 2008).   I am hoping to be able to use my current pole but if the installer suggests a new pole or location is pole mounts extra?.... In 2008, I bought a pole / concrete and put it in myself.... The installer showed us where he recommended and then came back the next day to do the install with no extra charge having to come back.

38 REPLIES 38