Hughesnet Community

It looks like Spaceway 3 may be out of service again!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steppingwolfe

It looks like Spaceway 3 may be out of service again!

25 REPLIES 25
Paul Abeyta

it is
johnmc318

Yep me too
Bob Renaud

It's déjà vu all over again. The exact same symptoms have reappeared. One hopes that the engineers at HN learned from the last outage and can deal more expeditiously with this one. 

What was it. 2 weeks ago that it was out last time? And seams like it was exactly 2 weeks it went out on a Tuesday the last time!!
jcollison251
Sophomore

Why was the announcement thread deleted?  Sweep it under the rug and try to keep the downtime a secret?  Man.
david78beck

I'm curious about that too. Went back to check up on the status and the thread was removed. I'm still not back up.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

On this point I must agree with you.
Diane Fasbender

My 9000 is still down as well. Is it just some that are still down like last time? I'm stuck in antenna pointing again!
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Im on mine now and its working so its not everyone this time
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Charles, was very early this morning (around midnight) when it went down and is now back for most it seems. Don't know if it was out for everyone though.You may have slept through it.  🙂

Katie did post an announcement and now it is gone. That is a bit disturbing.
david78beck

Same here. Either antenna pointing or NOCC error. Same as last time. I also have a 9000
fiddlebanshee

Yes, it is disturbing. The recording that was on the update number 1-877-7593748 still says there is an outage as of 11 am Wednesday morning.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

PS: People who are still down should have been allowed to post to that announcement. Hard to do since it has disappeared. 
Bob Renaud

Still down up here in western MA. C'est la vie.
joshuajamesslon

For me it was down from at least 2a-9a Eastern. After that it started working again, though I had to restart a few times for it to successfully pass through all the steps.
david78beck

Ok. Got back on. Did the same thing I did last time to get it going again. Ill probably get yelled at by several people for writing this but .... I went into my control center went to the installation tab and reinstalled my parameters without changing any of the values. It shot me a warning but I said to do it anyway. It rebooted and came up fine. last time it rebooted and took me to the pointing page where I aborted it before it reached the last segment. Since its worked twice, I either have great timing and I just happen to be trying it as my system is coming up anyway, or it really does work. By all means if you're not comfortable messing with that screen then maybe call support and see if there's a way they can push you through.
david78beck

I'm in Western MA as well. I just came back up. Maybe try to power cycle again?
johnmc318

I was still out as of 9:00AM CDT, been using my phone as a hotspot and it is doing a much better job than hughes ever thought of.. I just looked and all the lights are back on with the modem, so I am assuming that it is back up.. I saw that announcement last night as well, but it is gone this morning and hughes is not answering any comments on here about it, Have to assume they are not wanting to acknowledge that they lost the bird again last night.. Spaceway has to be nearing the end of it's service life and I wonder if they have a backup plan.. If I can coax a Free install out of excede, I will be switching as soon as I can... 

How did you get yours back up last time? Did you have a tech out? Sounds like you have to do the same thing by aborting install at the right time and then registration will pass. Hope you are able to get it working and not have to wait for another tech if that's how you got back on last time.
Bob Renaud

I did the power-off reset, and it's now back up. It appears to be another case of digital brainpharts where the only way to get proper operation is to first make the thing stupid.