Modem Replacements for Legacy Users?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Modem Replacements for Legacy Users?

Curious, with the HT1100 being phased out over time in favor of the HT2200w, what will happen in the following scenario?

-Customer is a Gen4 Subscriber
-Customer wont upgrade to Gen5 plan
-Customer HT1100 is dead
-There are no replacement 1100 units available

Would Hughesnet send them a 2200 and let them keep their plan, or?  It's mostly a curosity I have... >.>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Oh. Ok, got some clarification from some engineers. So the HT2000w is basically the standard modem for Gen 4, that model works fine on Gen 4. I don't know if you remember, but we released the HT2000w before Gen 5 was available. So HT200ws work fine with Gen 4; if your HT1100 dies, we can send you the latest model. Does that answer your question?

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

" It's mostly a curosity I have."

And mine as well.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Definitely count me in on the "what if".

PS: Kind of shocked if Gen4 Jupiter 1 is considered "legacy" but whatever. Would like to hear official position on that detail.

Hi C0RR0SIVE,

I think it would be a long time before we stop issuing HT1100s, but that is an interesting question, thanks for posting! There hasn't been any discussion yet, at least with us, regarding end of life for the HT1100s, so I can send this question up to see if there's anything management can share. I'll let you know what we hear back.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

I hope good news comes back, would be a nice option for those that want to keep their Gen4 plans, stay on ES17 and get those modems. >.>

I totally understand. Still trying to get a concrete answer for you all. At least that scenario is a long way down the road...

Oh. Ok, got some clarification from some engineers. So the HT2000w is basically the standard modem for Gen 4, that model works fine on Gen 4. I don't know if you remember, but we released the HT2000w before Gen 5 was available. So HT200ws work fine with Gen 4; if your HT1100 dies, we can send you the latest model. Does that answer your question?

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Thanks Liz

"Does that answer your question?"

It does to a great extent.

One question:

For those of us that own our equipment and therefore do not pay a lease fee ....

Will we then have to pay the $14.99 lease fee if a failed HT1100 is replaced with a 2000w?

Another good question! Let me send it up.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Trust me, I know the HT2000w was compatible with Gen4 service, I just figured I would ask for the few members here like Gwalk that have the Ultra plan that might not want to upgrade to Gen5 service plans but may want the newer modems on their ES-17 Gen4 plan.