Porting my landline number

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alanch
New Poster

Porting my landline number

HughesNet does not allow me to port my wireluine number from Frontier Communications

I believe this is in violatioin of Federal Regulations, specifiucally title 47,52:34 "Obligations regarding local number porting to and from interconnected VoIP or internet-based TRS providers."

(a) An interconnected VoIP or IP Relay provider must facilitate an end-user Customer's...valad number portability request...either to or from a telecommunications carrier or an interconnected VoIP or VRS or IP Relay provider.'Facilitate" is defined as the interconnected VoIP or VRS or IP Relay providers legal obligation to take all steps necessary to initiate or allow a port-in or port-out itself or through the telecommunications carriers, if any, that it relies on to obtain numbering resources, subject to a valid port request, without unreasonable delay or unreasonable procedures that have the effexct of delaying or denying porting on the NANP-based telephone number...

(b) An interconnected VoIP or VRS or IP Relay provider may not enter into any agreement that woul prohibit an end user customer...from porting to or from a telecommunications provider."

It seems to me that HughesNet failure to port my number is in violation of this citation.

2 REPLIES 2
Amanda

Hello Alanch,

Thank you for your concern. I was able to locate your account and review your current HughesNet Voice subscription. It appears that no port request has been placed on your account. Have you submitted your port request? 

If not, here are the instructions on how to port your number over: http://support.hughesnet.com/support-articles/how-do-i-keep-my-existing-phone-number-hughesnet-voice

Here is more general information in our frequently asked questions page regarding the HughesNet Voice service:

http://support.hughesnet.com/support-articles/learn-more-hughesnet-voice-service

I hope that I was able to offer a solution to your concerns. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Amanda

Alanch
New Poster

I receive the following message when I apply to port:

"You have submitted a port request for a phone number that is either a non-local phone number or you live in an area where you agreed to receive a non-local phone number."

The number I want ported is a local phone number. I never agreed to anything.

I believe HughesNet is in violation of the regulation cited above.Please explain why HughesNet is not.