Scammed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RebekahWilson
Freshman

Scammed

I signed up for HughesNet after the sales-person told me 20 GB of internet would be plenty for someone streaming video every day, as well as doing regular web surfing. I fully depended on her to be a competent employee with integrity that wouldn't lie to somoene to just make a sale--what a mistake. I've always had unlimited internet, so I was new to the concept of data caps, so I asked plenty of questions, and it was made clear that 20 GB would be enough. I've done research since then, realizing I probably use closer to 100 GB of internet each month--and I'd be paying ridculous prices if I wanted that much from this company--way more than ANY other service around me. Not only that, but the internet has been slow from day one, which I've contacted support about, who told me my speed is "acceptable." I haven't had speeds this slow since 2005. My house is less than 1000 square feet, so this is in no way a router issue (and the dish is fine), and I use internet at all times of the day, with the same results, so this is not a "high traffic" issue. This is a HughesNet issue. The service is SLOW, causes my streams to completely stop multiple times EVERY use, and I run out of data within a week, or less. The first month, the usage calculator didn't even work! It told me all the way until the last week that I had 99% data left (of my own data) which was, of course, wrong. Suddenly, it updated to 0% and I was furious that I had no way of tracking my usage, as it was LYING to me, the way the company has already--in multiple ways. What's worse--I don't even notice the speed change from my own usage to the "slow data" that is offered after plan allowance is used--it's the same SLOW speed either way..that's how slow my internet is. I was scammed into a contract, and I am continuing to be scammed by this company. I even told the sales-person I did not want to pay the monthly fee for repairs, but it was still included in my bill until I went in and removed it myself. There needs to be a way I can get out of my contract without paying the fee; I was misinformed, and companies should be responsible for the employees they hire and the training they give them to ensure their customers are getting the service they are needing. I would never have chosen this company if GB usage was explained to me properly, as I would have understood this company does not even offer what I need--and the thing closest to it is WAY more expensive than any other company. 

10 REPLIES 10