Hughesnet Community

Upgrade to Gen5, can you stream Netflix?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karen256
New Poster

Upgrade to Gen5, can you stream Netflix?

I'm considering upgrading to Gen5 but I'm extremely irritated by the fact that to do so I would have to sign another two year contract. I keep hoping that someday soon real high speed internet will be available to me, and if it did I'd hate to be stuck in a contract. I figure I did my time with my initial contract.  I truly hate how slow this internet is, especially after we use our 15 go limit (2-3 days). 

However, if the new service is really more like real high speed internet, i.e. Comcast or time warner, then I might consider the upgrade. What I miss most is binge watching old tv shows on Netflix.  Streaming on Netflix is impossible with my current service even if we haven't gone past our limit.  Would Gen5 let me do this?  Without constant buffering?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

In theory, if you use the lowest definition possible on Netflix, AND you don't do anything else (like browsing facebook and youtube) while watching Netflix AFTER you have exhausted your data, you should be able to stream your old shows still.

Of course, if you do have data allowance remaining, you could probably do more than just netflix at the same time on your connection.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12