cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what does "silver", "gold", "ruby" represent when viewing the details of a local dealer?

SOLVED
Freshman

what does "silver", "gold", "ruby" represent when viewing the details of a local dealer?

• Plans
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: what does "silver", "gold", "ruby" represent when viewing the deta

Hi Jezra,

What I've found out so far is that those dealer rankings mean they've reached certain sales quotas. In my opinion, the ranking is of no relevance to a customer.

Thanks,
Liz

23 REPLIES

Hi Jezra,

Thanks for posting a good question, I've heard about those rankings once, but I don't know what they mean, I'd like to know as well. Where have you seen these so that I know what to reference?

Thanks,
Liz

Freshman

1. go to https://www.hughesnet.com/get-started/how-to-buy/find-dealer
2. enter an address
3. in the resulting list of local dealers, some will be marked as silver, gold, ruby

Got it, thanks Jezra! I've asked the relevant departments and I'll let you know once I have any news I can share.

Thanks,
Liz

Freshman

I look forward to receiving the info so that I can move forward on my Gen5 upgrade

Hi Jezra,

What I've found out so far is that those dealer rankings mean they've reached certain sales quotas. In my opinion, the ranking is of no relevance to a customer.

Thanks,
Liz

Here are the rankings in HugheNet's VIP Program, which rewards their top dealers:

• Elite Dealers - Minimum of 100 closed orders per rolling three-month period.
  • Diamond Dealers - Minimum of 60 closed orders per rolling three-month period.
  • Ruby Dealers - Minimum of 40 closed orders per rolling three-month period.
  • Gold Dealers - Minimum of 20 closed orders per rolling three-month period.
  • Silver Dealers - Minimum of 10 closed orders per rolling three-month period.
  • no ranking - Less than 10 closed orders per rolling three-month period.
Liz wrote:

In my opinion, the ranking is of no relevance to a customer.

Beg to differ. As a General Rule,Top Retailers:

• focus on one product rather than two (no "Brand Ex")
  • are larger businesses with more staff and resources, and usually have a store-front operation
  • do more advertising
  • have more experience and have been in business longer
  • take better care of their customers so they earn more positive word of mouth and more referrals
Freshman

To me as a customer, i have to agree with Liz. It is a ranking of closed sales. Without a 30 day trial period that allows a customer to negate a sale, the ranking can easily be attributed to smooth talking sales agents, and sadly has nothing to do with professionalism or customer satisfaction.

Those listings are for local, self-installing Retailers, who live and work in their communities. It's much easier for a salesperson 1,000 miles away, who will never meet the customer, to say anything over an 800 number and sell something they don't have to install.

Customers vote with their feet. How many hamburgers would a local restaurant sell, and how long would they stay in business if they consistently served bad food? Certainly those rankings are not the entire answer but they're a good, general starting point. As with any purchase, check Yelp and/or Google + reviews, and ask for referrals for confirmation. 

Highlighted

I should add; it's a fact that self-installing HughesNet Retailers consistently have a lower overall "churn" rate than HughesNet DSAs (Distributor Sales Agents) who don't do their own installations. The churn rate is the number of customers who cancel their HughesNet service. Purely coincidence? Hmmm...