cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

00052466273 Unsatisfactory download speeds

Re: 00052466273 Unsatisfactory download speeds

Dick,

What were your speeds for this weekend. Any improvement?
Here's my Saturday (Jan 17) and Sunday (Jan 18) Night Speeds

Steve . . . download tonight (1/19) at 10 PM averaged about 600 kbps. Hughesnet (Liz) asked that I monitor download speed for the next two weeks since they were working on the beam. They have another week to get it together, but right now download speeds are the same or worse. During the day they average between 1,000 and 2,000 kbps, a far cry from the 10,000 kbps we should be seeing. I'll continue to monitor this week. Dick

Dick,

Here are my 01//28/15 evening speeds on our "PowerSlo" plans.

Liz . . . it has been almost three weeks from the time you reported the Hughes engineers would be working on the beam that services my location, and that speeds should improve. That isn't the case. Download speeds continue to be less than 1 Mbps most of the time. At times upload speeds are twice as fast as download. Trying to use Youtube is frustrating as well as any other streaming service. Please let me know where we go from here.  Dick Hiner

Hello Dick,

Thank you for this update, we'll let our engineers know that speeds have not improved so that they may take proper action. I'll keep you posted as we get any news to share with you.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Dick.

Any update on the beam issue? Check these speeds out.... SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWW

FYI:  its faster to drive the 23 miles each way to Sheetz and use the Sheetz internet to watch Netflix in the evening ... than to try and watch Netflix at home.

]
Highlighted
Employee

Steven,

I just ran a test from your HT1100 to the Internet and I'm seeing 8.8M down.  What does your local network look like?  What router do you have and how many connected devices?  Does these speeds change if you directly connect to the HT1100?  What about if you run your PC in Safe Mode with Networking?

Respectfully,

Chad

Chad,

Thanks for the rely. My speeds are fine in the morning. The technician found absolutely nothing wrong with my equipment anywhere. HughesNet already replaced the modem 3 times. This is not a hardware issue. Level 4 suport said it is a beam problem. Checks my speeds at night (82k), not in the morning (over 10,000k). And, Dick, my neighbor... who is started this thread... has the exact same issues. So my neighbor and I can't both be nuts. They also told him it was a beam problem. So, given that, when will the beam problem be fixed?

Was checking tonight same problem looks like your chart above  600/ 700 up and down ! Been going on a while , can't run a 3 minute video.  Web Acceleration is a mess to every little while pages won't load right every thing will be on the left side of the screen  ! I will check back see how you do . I know I will be making changes ,find one that will work !

I am still getting less than 1k at night. HughesNet just called and told me that if I switch to their "new plan" I may get better download speeds. However, the "new plan" is the same speed, same download amount (except you get more download between 2am-8am) as my 10/2 PowerPro plan, which is no longer offered.

I asked how switching my plan would improve my download speeds when the new plan promises the same speed? They said it might.

My response...Huh?

My opinion- something fishy is going on, HughesNet wants people to switch plans for some reason...  Everything is the same between the PowerPro and "new" plan except the new plan offers additonal download allowance between 2-8 AM. The name of the plan has also changed but I did not hear it correctly, so I won't try to state it on this board,

It would appear they do not want the PowerPro 10/2 plans advertised anymore (again my opinion), because there is "no power" to the plan. I call it PowerSlow. Internet at the speed of Sloth.

But what really ticks me off is telling me my speeds will improve (again, less than 1kb at night) by changing to a "new" plan that promises the same speeds. This is an insult to any subscriber's intelligence.

There is no new satellitte... the old one is still there... where is the better speeds going to come from... the paperwork?

If you have bad, bad, bad download speeds like me, changing your plan does not fix the download speed problem. That is the dumbest thing HughesNet has ever suggested to me.

They once again reiterated  that they cannot deliver as promised to this area during evening time (which is Mr. Hiner's problem as well), and that these problems are HughesNet problems, not the subscribers... me in this case.

The bottom line: I told them I will keep my plan and switch to a new plan after my speeds improve.