cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11.2.1 for both Receive and Transmit

The_Chad
New Poster

11.2.1 for both Receive and Transmit

My HughesNet service stopped working this afternoon, and our neighbor's HughesNet system is showing very similar errors.

Perfect sunny weather here in Central California. No signs of either of the dishes being physically moved or damaged.

IP Gateway Association State = Creating IPGW Pool

Diagnostic Code = 0000-0000-0000-0027, or Not Available

Satellite Receive Signal Strength = 29

Software Download Status = Updating...

Yes, I'm aware that weather thousands of miles away can still disturb service here, is that because HughesNet doesn't have enough gateways to take into account natural phenomena?

I've used my plan allowance, and was in FAP throttling after having some visitors last week, but it was still working, albeit, slowly. Now I've got nothing. And my service plan apparently "does not currently support release tokens."

Can anyone provide any insight?

3 REPLIES 3
The_Chad
New Poster

Re: 11.2.1 for both Receive and Transmit

https://downdetector.com/status/hughesnet

Looks like the number of reports has spiked in the past few hours, and it's pretty much all of North America.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

There may be an outage at the gateway.  If so, there will be an announcement.   Edit: Do you know what beam you're on, and where your gateway is? 

The_Chad
New Poster

My internet is working fine now. Thanks for the response.

FWIW, I'm not sure what beam it was on, but the Built-in Self Test tells me that I'm currently on Beam ID # 35