cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12.1.9 Transmit Error. Just When I Thought Things Were Looking Up

Highlighted
Tutor

12.1.9 Transmit Error. Just When I Thought Things Were Looking Up

Nothing worse than thinking you've got all your HughesNet problems behind you for another 6 or 7 years and SURPRISE...ya don't Smiley Sad

Feed horn was replaced earlier this week as well as a re-alignment of the dish.  Perfect!  All my little IOTs are happy, I'm happy, my husband is happy that I'm happy and then, no one is happy...again.  

Internet slowed waaaaay down again.  SCC taking a long time to load.  

It's not rainy or even cloudy here...99 and sunny. Not raining in Duluth, MN...59 and partly cloudy.  Wish I lived in Duluth!  

If there is ANY chance this re-occurring problem (it was happening before the new satellite parts) can be fixed with a new modem, I would like to request one be sent to me please.  I can hook it up myself.  

Thanks

BTW, I've checked and reseated cables and reseated the cable at the power brick.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: 12.1.9 Transmit Error. Just When I Thought Things Were Looking Up

Good morning Monica,

I just ran diagnostics on your site and everything looks fine, even the speeds from the modem to the satellite are pretty good (29.358 Mbps down). I see you just have the Netgear router plugged into the modem, I suppose you connect everything via that router?

For troubleshooting purposes, please let me know if the SCC still loads slowly on a computer/laptop connected directly to the HughesNet modem. Please also check if speeds are any different while directly connected to the HughesNet modem, at your convenience.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Tutor

Hi Liz, yes, the error messages went away when I unplugged the power brick to the modem for about 10 minutes.  Still working fine.  Speed test of 42.9/down.  I wish speed test was indicative of browsing speeds.  Yes, all my IOTs are connected via the Netgear router.  I have done as GabeU suggested and turned one or the other off so they wouldn't compete with each other.  Over the last couple of weeks I did some testing with using the hug2 and hug5 radios and disconnecting the Netgear.  There was no noticeable change  in the speed of my computer.

SCC isn't loading slowly anymore.  Unplugging the modem for 10 minutes has fixed the error messages I was getting.  Currently, SCC...all systems are green, state code is operational and satellite signal strength is 101.  Thanks tho.

Good morning Monica,

Glad to hear powercycling cleared up those errors and that SCC is loading normally again.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->