cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12.7.1--A transmit problem has occurred

Highlighted
New Poster

12.7.1--A transmit problem has occurred

My recently installed HughesNet, which is run off battery power intermittently when we are at the location recently went out (so no power outages or weather events). I've been through tech support twice to no resolve, partially because they want a reading within 24 hours, which is a problem considering I have over 1 hour out and back to get cell service.  Nothing has changed, there are no new trees blocking satellite, no new software on any of the devices trying to connect etc. System status is below.

systemstatus6-13.jpeg

Satellite signal strength apparently needs to be at 90? But nothing has changed except for a single bird dropping, which I imagine is common with dishes.

One thing I don't understand is why my usage history chart shows no available data at June 2, which is around when I first determined that there was no service anymore. I was told they need to talk to the modem to get the data, but don't understand why it would show usage before June 2. My account shows 98% available.

I would like to know if there are possible fixes that I can do with this code or other potential codes without driving back and forth to try to get a hold of tech support on crappy cell coverage.

UsageHistory.JPGUsage.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: 12.7.1--A transmit problem has occurred

@rkycrk 

Data usage for a particular data won't actually show until checked the next day or after, as it can't show total usage for that day until the day is actually complete.  If that screenshot is from June 2nd, which is also the date checked, it will register as zero.  Like with mine below, just checking today's date (18th), it appears to have dropped to zero across the board.  If I check it again tomorrow (19th), the 18th will show the proper data amounts, but the 19th will show zero, no matter the time of day I check.  

Screenshot (33).png

As for your issues, your signal strength is definitely suspect.  Most of the time a 12.7.1 State Code is as a result of inclement weather, either at the home or gateway location, and it's temporary.  With it showing this perpetually I suspect there is something going on with the dish, though only a rep or tech can say for sure.

I'm sure a rep will reply within a day to help.  Smiley Happy

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted

@rkycrk,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing this. When running diagnostics, it appears the equipment itself is fully operational and the weather does not appear to be a factor. While this state code is normally associated with the type of issue, it can appear when gateway association is impaired. With this information, I looked deeper into your gateway and beam and it appears engineering has been working on it for improvements. It looks like they were successfully able to apply these improvements. Please let me know if you are still experiencing this as of today. If so, I can perform additional troubleshooting steps.  

-Damian 

Highlighted
New Poster

Damian,

I'm not sure if you were just blowing smoke, but I got the same state code. Checked the Built-In self test again, passed all BIST results. Called tech support again, they sent the same guy who installed it and he left me hanging for 5 hours until I gave up and left waiting for him. It turns out he turned around at the creek crossing, walking distance from my place, left me an IM (knowing full well I wouldn't get it w/o cell covereage). Are there diagnostics I can run to check solutions to this state code? Or am I left dealing with this guy who's afraid of getting his truck tires wet? It does state that it is 'Unable to resolve gateway, You do not have connectiviity to the gateway' when running the connectivity test, but I guess that's obvious.

Highlighted

@rkycrk,

There are no further remote troubleshooting steps left to take. Our network report has been updated which now indicates that the fix did not fully correct each customer's issue. With that being said, we now have a new directive that can only be performed by an onsite technician.

I am unsure of the actual reason the technician was unable to show and I apologize for the inconvenience. Nonetheless, this appointment will be rescheduled once they reach out to you by phone. Please update us once the repair is complete. 

-Damian