cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12.7.1 Transmit problem has occured

Highlighted
New Poster

12.7.1 Transmit problem has occured

This morning the internet stopped working.  I see signal at 96, so assume re-aim is not required.  I noticed 0 in Data Packets Received.  This causes me to suspect modem or LNB TRIA.  A technician is coming out later in the week.  I understand that HughesNet is not sending out RMA kits overnight with those two items, but it seems that it would be cheaper than a truck-roll.  Does the 12.7.1 status signify something specific or is that a catch-all (generic) error message?

HughesNet-Status_12.7.1.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Associate Professor

Re: 12.7.1 Transmit problem has occured

Likely that there's something amiss at the ground station.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: 12.7.1 Transmit problem has occured

After a day or so, it started working again.  I didn't cancel the technician visit as the service had dropped a number of times before going out for the extended period which promoped the original post.

Technician arrived, connected to the modem, but was unable to change/save any settings.  The official diagnosis was "bad modem".  However, he did mention that the modem was farther from the dish than anticipated and thought it might have had power problems.  Of course the modem is located where the originall installer place it and has worked for 2 years before service drops.

In any case, the modem was swapped out and things seem to be working correctly again.

Official story:  TRIA=OK, GroundStation=OK, Modem=BAD.

Tags (1)