12.7.2 -- A transmit problem has occurred

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kbryan
New Poster

12.7.2 -- A transmit problem has occurred

Tried speaking with tech yesterday and was very unsuccessful and frustrated the entire 40 minute conversation. Stated she could send a tech out for$125, I refused! Said she could offer a discounted rate?!?!?! The modem/install is only 8 months old and is failing...seriously think I am going to pay for a service and equipment that only lasts 8 months?? She hung up when I asked to speak to anyone available that has simple common sense...no follow up as of yet! Whats broken?

State Code -21.1.5 -- Connecting to gateway
Summary Operational State-Down
Data Allowance -Remaining Not Available
Satellite Receive Status Up
Satellite Transmit Status Up
LAN Status Up 1G FD
IP Gateway Association State Creating IPGW Pool
TCP Acceleration Down
Web Acceleration Up
Suspension State Not Suspended
Software Download Status Updating...
Satellite Receive Signal Strength 83
Data Packets Received 0
Control Packets Received 223891
Bursts Transmitted 188
Packets Transmitted 64
Packets Received 2169
Packets Transmitted 2153
10 REPLIES 10
Liz

Good morning Kbryan,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I pulled up your account and reviewed your case history to address your concerns. Looks like our agents wanted to dispatch a tech to repeak your dish and explained that instead of the $125 standard fee, you'd only pay $29.95 since you're subscribed to the Express Repair service.

I'll go ahead and issue a complimentary site visit to address your concerns this time. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Thursday, Oct 24, 2019 between 11:00 and 15:00. The tech will reach out to confirm the visit, so you can use that opportunity to reschedule if needed. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Tech came the 24th and addressed the issue as a tilted pole due to install not being cemented in.
Install tech came 26th and moved and cut the pole, but once again used a foam to hold the pole in the ground. He stated the pole shifted because the foam had became saturated and had not held!! As of this morning our service is stating:
State Code24.1.1 -- Download throttled
Summary Operational State Degraded

Which means another tech will need to be sent to fix this guys 2nd install!

Not an install problem. You've exceeded your plan and are in FAP.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

We exceed our data limit within the 1st week! Funny though, we had no data limit available when the tech was here on the 24th and had all signals, no issues until the field tech was here yesterday.

Again, 24.1.1 is not an install problem. If you've exceeded your data, then chances are it's working. You're just using too much of it.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

"but once again used a foam to hold the pole in the ground"

I'd like to know if it's possible to request that the installer use cement instead of foam.

My understanding is that is should always be installed with concrete. I'm not going to stand there and tell the man how to do his job, but I will be requesting another installer. Hopefully we will have better luck the next go around.
maratsade

Agreed; it's just that I wondered if one could make a request at the time of setting up the appointment. 

GabeU

@Kbryan wrote:
My understanding is that is should always be installed with concrete. I'm not going to stand there and tell the man how to do his job, but I will be requesting another installer. Hopefully we will have better luck the next go around.

It may very well be that foam is now allowed in place of concrete by HugheNet.  Many installers have gone this way, including with satellite TV installations, for which it is accepted.  It's faster and easier, and if done properly provides adequate stability.  When they moved my DirecTV dish from my roof to a pole mount this summer (my roof was replaced with metal), they used foam rather than concrete.  We get some substantial winds here, and it has held up perfectly in such.

Still, as stated by Mark, your current State Code indicates that you are now subject to the Fair Access Policy due to exhausting your plan data, which has nothing to do with your installation and isn't grounds for sending another install tech.  

What is showing for your "Satellite Receive Signal Strength" in the "WAN Info" box on the bottom left of this page?

Good morning Kbryan,

Foam for installs have been available for about a year now; it's also an acceptable pole mount foundation.

Your data reset last Monday, so you won't see the 24.1.1 state code unless your Service Plan data has been exceeded. At this point you're down to 72% of your data left, so here are some data management tips to help you make your data last through the month: https://hninfo.us/datavideo

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!