15 to 30 sec. Response time.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BS2000
Freshman

15 to 30 sec. Response time.

Download speeds can be anywhere from 7.5 to 44.0. But the time it takes for a response from any site seams to be 15 to 30 sec. Sometimes I get a 'page not found' from the site. Or 'We are having problems connecting' to a site. Check your connection to the internet. I have done a continuous pings to many sites most response times are 600 ms to 1 sec or a timeout. Way to long should be under a 100 ms. Only one laptop cabled to 2.4g and one cell phone connected to 5g.
14 REPLIES 14
MarkJFine
Professor

Sorry, but you would never see under 100ms. ou're limited by the speed of light the signal has to traverse.

Average ping time from you to the satelite (several thousand miles away), then down to the groundstation (also several thousand miles away), out to wherever you're trying to go, and then all the way back the reverse path to you is 600ms on average.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@BS2000

Have you tried an alternate web browser?  Also, though I think you're indicating that your laptop is connected via the 2.4Ghz WiFi, I'm not positive with using the term "cabled" and I don't want to assume.  If it is connected via WiFi and you have the ability to connect it directly to the modem with an Ethernet cable, please try that to see if it makes any difference.  

Also, try power cycling the modem to see if that makes any difference.  Basically, unplug the modem from the wall outlet or the power brick (NOT at the back of the modem), wait at least 30 seconds, then plug it back in.  Then wait about five minutes and try again.  

If none of this makes any difference, try turning off Web Acceleration to see if this helps.  This would only be temporary, but it would give an idea of what might be causing the problem.  To turn of Web Acceleration....

1. Visit the System Control Center (SCC) http://192.168.0.1 in your web-browser.

2. Click the gray "i" icon at the top to go to Advanced Configuration.

3. Click on "Web Acceleration" in the left side menu bar.

4. Click on "Control" under Web Acceleration sub-menu.

5. Click on "Web Acceleration Enabled", this will change to an orange button that says "Web Acceleration Disabled".

If turning off Web Acceleration makes no difference, please turn it back on.  

Please let us know if any of this makes any difference.  

P.S.  Just so there is no confusion, I am a fellow subscriber, not a HughesNet employee or representative.    

maratsade

"Have you tried an alternate web browser? "

And stay far away from Edge.  It's slow, so slow, even on fast connections.

Thanks for the response, I have tried FIREFOX, OPERA, IE and EDGE with no difference in response time. I power cycled the modem no help. My modem HT2000 has no WEB Accelerator under Advanced Setup and no gray "i" on the page. Went through the 8 sub tabs under advanced setup no WEB Accelerator there either. My Laptop is hooked into port 1 with a CAT6e ethernet cable. Any other suggestions...............

@GabeU wrote:

@

1. Visit the System Control Center (SCC) http://192.168.0.1 in your web-browser.

Hmmmm.  I don't get a gray  'i".  Even with no addons running    I have to use:

ttp://192.168.0.1/limited.html#!/general/conn_dev_info

Which BTW I found here.

Found the WEB Accelertor at  "http://192.168.0.1/limited.html#!/general/conn_dev_info". disabled it, no help.

Re-enabled it.

I just noticed on this on page http://192.168.0.1/limited.html#!/general/conn_dev_info on the Diagnostic tab under current hour the "uplink" has all RED X's on it. The Legend says RED X's problem detected..

Hi BS2000, 

Thanks for posting and providing this information. I pulled up your account to investigate and would like to send a tech to address your uplink concerns.

Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Thursday, Jun 28, 2018 between 11:00 and 15:00. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #113424206 if you need to reschedule. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

thanks Liz,  I will be here waiting for the tech.

Something happened overnight. The responce times are now 3 to 5 sec. and the errors on the Diagnostic page have been gone since midnight.  Not sure what happened. No post on this thread about the solution..  

Also canceled the tech.

Good morning BS2000,

Thank you for the update! Not sure what happened either, I didn't do anything but run diagnostics on your site and create a dispatch. There weren't any updates or reports about any network degradation that would've affected you. I'm just glad the performance has improved.

If you start having any issues with connectivity, please don't hesitate to drop by the community again, it will be likely that I will have to re-issue a dispatch.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GabeU

@gaines_wright wrote:

@GabeU wrote: 

Hmmmm.  I don't get a gray  'i".  Even with no addons running     

It's VERY light and can be quite difficult to see/find if you're not familiar with its exact placement.  

Capture.JPG

Thanks.  I found it now.