cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1st day after new Data Allowance, down to 66%. Data does not last entire month and I have the maximum plan...

Highlighted

1st day after new Data Allowance, down to 66%. Data does not last entire month and I have the maximum plan...

There has to be an alternative to HughesNet.... Unhappy with the service... can't get on internet without having the 20gb of data being depleted before it is time to add more data.... There should be an unlimited plan....
21 REPLIES 21

Re: 1st day after new Data Allowance, down to 66%. Data does not last entire month and I have the maximum plan...

I disagree I say there is something else going on. Still the devices would not pull that much data at one time. Mine did the exact same last month and I only use a tablet N laptop. Also Hughes is lunching another satellite in July..

Re: 1st day after new Data Allowance, down to 66%. Data does not last entire month and I have the maximum plan...

@jonbwall55  ... there is as I cancelled all with HughesNet ... and I was a customer for 4 years ... and the Gen4 was much worse than the original plan ... if you would like research EXEDE Internet ... I choose EXEDE and have been well pleased ... I had been fighting and trying everything with HughesNet for a year ... including a service tech coming out to my house ... and the customer support is terrible ... they can only read a script and keep wanting you to try the same thing over and over ... so I just bite the bullet and left HughesNet ...
Associate Professor

I only have the internet on my PC I work nights from 330pm til 12am About time I get home it's after 1am so from 2am til 8am it's free hahaha if I am tired I don't get on till maybe 730 am so I go to my sites and freaking  2 hours later I've used 58% and just been waiting on crap to load I am Disapoineted PO'd and hell now it's time to get ready for work...So I get home at 1am left it on 36% shut every thing down when I left.. For some wild reason I'm down to 21% i don't auto upload or download anything..sometimes I get on it and it's 130am my time rolls over at 8am once i had 100% at 230am and I checked it @ 7am and only had 88% driving me to drinking lol SUCKS I a country Bumpkin no other options PO'ed in IN.

Thats what my tech told me...so he lies too?

I just saw that EXEDE im going to check it out. Thank you.
Associate Professor

Well, you can believe your "tech" if you wish, or you can believe the fact that Jupiter2 isn't planned till a mid to late 2016 launch at this point, which means Jupiter2 service wont be active till probably very late 2016 to early 2017 (needs large amounts of testing done on the system).

http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2013/03/jupiter-2echostar-xix-deal-2016-ariane-5-launch/

Now, the next issue, due to tensions with Russia it is POSSIBLE that launch will be delayed even further as Hughes could potentially be seeking another company to launch the rocket that will carry Jupiter2 into space.
Assistant Professor

I thought it was mainly the French involved with Jupiter 1 launch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guiana_Space_Centre
Associate Professor