cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 desktop computers

New Poster

Re: 2 desktop computers

Howard any help here is welcomed, the people with the Champion stamp are just customers like yourself, we are not Hughes employees and not paid for our help, and your correct the Hughes employees are backed up at times but they are limited as to how much time they will spend on anything past the modem and thats where we come in to fill that void if we can to save the customer a little time and money if possible
Junior

Hey Bill, except for us "old guys" idk if ppl know what a C64 is. I doubt many/most were using computers in the MOS 6510, Z80 and Motorola 6809 days.
BTW I still use bbs and irc. Smiley Happy
Junior

If I wasn't hanging out on this site (when I should be coding) I'd be on irc now. My big to do there is to help people install OS X on PC hardware.
It's just a thing that I like to help people.

The first software I sold was on cassette tape. Smiley Tongue
Junior

Playing with my new Windows 10 box now. I've got to say, it's fast, bright and cheery.
The intuitiveness is nice without being overbearing and the layout is comfortable.
Alum

Hi grapes,

I hope everyone's suggestions were able to answer your questions. I personally like to use Ethernet connections to get the best speeds possible. However while using a WiFi connected Windows 10 computer, you are given more control on how data is used by way of the metered connection settings. Which can help in conserving data. Here is a great article that you might also find useful. 

http://www.howtogeek.com/224170/how-to-monitor-your-network-usage-in-windows-10/

If you have anymore questions or concerns feel free to let us know.

Thank you,
Chris

Thank you Chris for the additional hints on monitoring usage.  I have had some fun today while setting up the new computer and yes, it has a built-in wireless router.  I have already decided to not use the Cortana program as it sounded like because it is syncing between devices all the time, it would use up data.  There was also at one point in the set-up where it prompted me to keep a pane in the off position if I had a data cap connection.  Still have to add some programs and my Vipre tomorrow before I move it over to my HughesNet connection, but all these hints have been great from everybody. 
Alum

Glad we could hep :-)
Assistant Professor

You know. Hep me, hep me!