20%-40% packet loss, 4000-6000 delay

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dkfkaw84
Freshman

20%-40% packet loss, 4000-6000 delay

This has been happening for a few weeks now.

Screenshot_2020-08-06-21-54-25.png

Screenshot_2020-08-06-22-05-16.png

9 REPLIES 9
dkfkaw84
Freshman

Beautiful sunny day here, 116 signal strength. Screenshot_2020-08-08-12-28-05.png

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Have you checked the weather where the gateway for your beam is located? That can affect signal as well.  

The HughesNet reps on this site can tell you if there's a problem at the gateway or if there is a problem with your system, but they won't be back until Monday. If you can't wait, you may want to call Customer Service.

dkfkaw84 wrote:

Beautiful sunny day here, 116 signal strength.

Just responding so I'm not forgotten.If anymore information is needed, just ask.

GabeU

@dkfkaw84 

It's very surprising that a topic like this would have been missed by the reps.  I'm sorry they did.  

Unfortunately, other than the small possibility that Damian will be on this evening, which he sometimes is, it's likely that there won't be anything until at least Monday, as the reps aren't on during the weekends.  Again, I'm sorry the reps haven't replied as of yet.  They definitely should have.  I'll tag a few to ensure they don't miss it again.

@Liz 

@Damian 

@Remy 

No worries, I have alot of patience and try to always be courteous, Haha i try not to be a karen offline or online. 😄

@dkfkaw84,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I apologize for the delay. We are experiencing a known issue with one of our beams and it is affecting a small number of customers who have been assigned to it. You may be in the group that is being affected by this. I will be troubleshooting your service remotely to confirm and determine if this is the case for you or not. I will have an update for you Monday regarding this. I appreciate your patience and understanding and deeply apologize for the inconvenience. 

-Damian  

@dkfkaw84,

Thank you for waiting patiently while we investigated this issue. Upon research, it does appear the beam that has been assigned to you is the root of the issue you are experiencing. Our engineers have provided an update regarding the continued labor to correct this for the network. While there is no ETA, I will be checking daily until there is one, or the problem has been corrected. Please await a private message from me regarding the steps we will be taking to ensure you are supported during this period of waiting.  

-Damian 

Lord have mercy, Same problem months later, No bill discount, No free tokens, No solution. USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-1458986145.jpegUSER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image--493131160.jpegUSER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-1505373669.jpegUSER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image--347773161.jpeg

maratsade

Did it ever improve between your last post and now?