Hughesnet Community

21.2.6 code

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandra.grant

21.2.6 code

I've done my research and found this is not a normal code. I won't become today to sit and wait for a CS to call me back later. Any help from a rep online?
** update: I reset it again and got code 21.2.2 still the same wall garden though
6 REPLIES 6
Liz

Good morning Sandra,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I pulled up your account and your system looks to be up and running normally; no state code right now indicating otherwise.  Can you browse the internet now?

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Hi Sandra,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Why is it so hard to answer simple questions about codes? People have lives and pay Hughesnet to worry about their internet and answer customer questions. We don't want to hear, "I checked and it's working now, try unplugging it." We have already stated in plain English that is goes off and on for long lengths of time and it's not bad weather or weeds & trees in front of the dish and so on. It's some technical issue be it hardware/equipment or software/network/interference. I am more than willing to troubleshoot at home if I knew what these codes meant. I'm sure everyone would. We call after we done the simple stuff, unplug/reset the modem & router then check for obstructions or bad weather & atmospheric disturbances. I'm sure this person was also on phone with customer service and got some type of help or just decided to keep dealing with it till the end of 2 years. We will definitely shop at end of contract. When we have service, like when we first got Hughes, it was a decent speed and pretty reliable. The past 6 months it has been terrible. All but one call with one guy Hector have been no help, he was the only real attempt at helping us. He wasn't even in the US, in Mexico I believe. Thanks Hector! Only guy working at Hughes net! He listened, got the codes and sent appropriate equipment according to codes and checking on his end. He also advise if it didn't work to call back during middle of issue so they could see it next time. I got new modem and installed it. Nothing changed. Same issues. I called today and got a polite and nice lady which they are most of the time. But I was on hold and being asked to do all the things I've done for around 15 plus minutes. After that my system light comes back on and I hear her say, "Sir I see it's working now, is there anything else I can do for you?" Or something like that. Really, keep me on phone till On and off problem in back working? I hope my post is responded to in a quick timely manner with info about the codes provided.
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Probably an issue at the gateway, if it stays like that consistently you may need to call, however it should clear up on its own.  There is a reason Hughesnet removed everything about the codes, because there's not much one can do even if they know what the state codes mean.  They are nothing more than the current state your modem is in, and it gets logged by the modem, and uploaded back to Hughesnet in a log file after a set time period.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Probably an issue at the gateway, if it stays like that consistently you may need to call, however it should clear up on its own.  There is a reason Hughesnet removed everything about the codes, because there's not much one can do even if they know what the state codes mean, and people keep freaking out about most of them as they are transitional in nature.  They are nothing more than the current state your modem is in, and it gets logged by the modem, and uploaded back to Hughesnet in a log file after a set time period.

Yes, that's my point! No explaination of what is actually wrong other than "call back". It's already been stated that it is a constant issue and that, "it's looks fine now." is not a satisfactory answer. There are some differences in the state Codes when there is an issue otherwise there would not be a need for a point/decimal system. No explaination for diagnostic codes ethier, oh, when there is no problem and all green checks the state code is 0.0.0 and I believe there is also no diagnostic code offered. The state Codes are different even though it is doing the same thing like discovering when there is an issue or it seems that way. I believe that is what I observed, I could be wrong but it only did so many functions, like 3 or 4 and there was repeat codes and then different codes for same function I think. But a diagnostic code is what it is. It demands an explanation, not that it's ok now. 30 minutes to hour down and getting worse. Why is the system light always going off/internet going down?