.24 Mbps download and .18 Mbps upload

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bskirk54
Freshman

.24 Mbps download and .18 Mbps upload

New customer as of 27 January. Internet speed has never been anywhere close to what was promised.

I have performed innumerable tests with tech support in three separate and lengthy phone calls to no avail. A commitment to get engineering involved has failed.

I need someone in HughesNet in a position of authority to do something to keep me from cancelling my account inside the first 14 days.

At this point, the next step must be to have an expert come to my house. Tech support claims higher speeds reach my modem. They also said there is probably a problem with the satellite dish. If anyone has a suggestion, I am all ears!

15 REPLIES 15
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@bskirk54 

If you would like help for your speed issues through this Support Community, which is a separate avenue of receiving help, you will need to run some speed tests in order to not only establish the issue, but also give some important information.  The tests need to be run in a specific way, the instructions for which are as follows...

-----------------------------------------------------------

To help the HughesNet Customer Service Reps get a head start on your speed concerns, please create a testmy.net account (if you do not already have one) and, while signed into that account, perform a batch of 3-5 tests during different parts of the day, then share your testmy.net "My Results" page URL with us here. A batch each in the morning, afternoon and evening is the most ideal, but the reps are well aware that not everyone can do this, so please just run a batch when you can.

Most important points to remember during this test:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used)
-disable the WiFi in the HT2000W modem while the speed tests are being performed
-the testing device should be the ONLY device connected to the HughesNet modem while testing
-use the manual 25MB size download test file
-if testing upload instead of download, use the manual 4MB size upload test file
-space each test in the batch at least 5 minutes apart
-post your testmy results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/yourusername

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please see this site.

The Reps are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST. They will be the ones to address your speed issues, but they will need these tests to do so.

If you don't know how to disable the WiFi in the HT2000W modem, please see "How do I manage my built-in WiFi modem?" in this PDF. Please be sure to click "Save Settings" after unchecking "SSID Enable" for each of the four tabs individually (2.4Ghz, then 2.4Ghz Guest, then 5Ghz, then 5Ghz Guest).

I have done all of these things and nothing has changed.

maratsade

Could you post the URL to your Testmy.net results page? That's required to address speed issues here. 

I do not have a URL to apply here. My phone number is 407.494.9054. Thanks.

maratsade

The reps here will not call you.  

To have speed issues addressed in this community, first you will need to follow the procedure detailed here: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Think-you-have-slow-speeds/m-p/110034#M74607

bskirk54 wrote:

I do not have a URL to apply here. My phone number is ---------. Thanks.

I’ve also been seeing dial up to under 2mb speeds and will be dedicating a pc to this site on the lab. Presently 751 kbps per test my net
maratsade

You may want to move this post to your own thread. The reps work with threads individually, as the causes for what seems the same problem may be different. 

sepmeier wrote:
I’ve also been seeing dial up to under 2mb speeds and will be dedicating a pc to this site on the lab. Presently 751 kbps per test my net

Thanks. I thought this was my thread? If not, please advise.

It’s your thread - I was simply adding a comment regarding my own observations recently. Are we not supposed to do that? I’ll try to delete it I guess. 😉
maratsade

Yes, this is your thread, bskirk64. 

I was responding to sepmeier. This is why I quoted sepmeier's post.  

Well, please delete my observation... typically, a forum includes comments from others experiencing similar issues. 421 kbps last run at test my net on my high speed plan / it’s not just this fellow.
GabeU

@bskirk54 wrote:

I have done all of these things and nothing has changed.

Though I understand you've already done much of this, this is a different avenue of receiving help, as was intimated.  Unless the speed tests you've already run were run in the same manner as instructed, and you have the testmy.net URL to the results of those tests, you'll need to run them.  As stated, the tests both verify the issue and give important information, without which the troubleshooting of such by the reps here cannot begin.

I will do a couple of tests tonight and one early in the morning. Thanks.

<a href="https://testmy.net/quickstats/Dr- Bee">Dr- Bee's Speed Test Results</a><iframe loading="lazy" src="https://testmy.net/quickstats/Dr- Bee&f=1" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" height="380" width="100%"></iframe>

Let me know if this test result can be seen. I am unsure. Thanks.

maratsade

I can't see it; goes to an error page. You should post the URL to the My results page. 

Here's the URL you need: https://testmy.net/quickstats/Dr-%20Bee

You will need to do tests with the required file sizes: 25MB for the download test and 4MB for the upload test.  See https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Think-you-have-slow-speeds/m-p/110034#M74607

Following this procedure is required for the reps to send the tests to the network engineers.  Otherwise the process won't move forward.