24 hours and still out

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmadigan55
New Poster

24 hours and still out

No service on southeastern Virginia for over a day.
10 REPLIES 10
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The Hughesnet reps usually work M-F. You may want to call the 800 number to report the outage.  Edit: if you have already reported the outage, you may need to give the company time to address it. Sometimes it's not just throwing a switch, and it takes time to fix. 

Yes, I've already reported it. But it is still frustrating.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

No denying that. Did you area got anything from the tropical storm? The weather in SE Virginia was supposed to be pretty bad, with lots of rain and even some tornado watches. That may have had an impact on the issue. 

@rmadigan55 wrote:
Yes, I've already reported it. But it is still frustrating.

MarkJFine
Professor

This may sound silly, but sometimes power spikes and power fluctuations jam the modems up:

1. If some of the status lights are out, have you tried unplugging the modem's power cord from the wall socket, waiting about a minute, then plugging it back in? Might be worthwhile at this point to make sure the F connector on the back of the modem is finger tight.

2. If the status lights are all on, are you able to reach the modem's advanced summary page at http://192.168.0.1/limited.html#!/general/summary connecting to it via an ethernet cable or wifi? If so, what is the System State Code shown?

3. If you're not able to reach the modem and you're using a computer connected to it in some way, are you using an ethernet cable or wifi? If wifi, it could be the wifi configuration on your computer doesn't match that of the modem. You might have to use an ethernet cable to connect to the modem. The wifi settings can be adjusted by going to http://192.168.42.1 (you may have to enter the admintrator password to enter it).

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

I've unplugged it several times with no success. Checked all connections.

@rmadigan55 wrote:
I've unplugged it several times with no success. Checked all connections.

What about #'s 2 & 3...

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Cannot access for question 2

I can get into the modem for question 3. I still only have power light and wifi light. Lan light is barely lit.

Hello rmadigan55,

I think we may need to replace that modem. Did your power go out or flicker at any point?

Thanks,

Amanda

What's the administrator password

Nevermind