cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 calls re: excessive data usage. Told yesterday to unplug LAN overnight & call back NOW told to post? I'm not familiar with this???

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: 3 calls re: excessive data usage. Told yesterday to unplug LAN overnight & call back NOW told to post? I'm not familiar with this???

did I comment at the correct spot with my answers?  just wondering since I haven't heard anything back?  
I'm on Wins 7.  I have McAfee.  No wireless printer.   Again sorry, I should have made myself clearer. I know how to do a screenshot.  I'm not sure how to get it posted here!  This is the first time I've had to do this crap.
Since I'm already down to 2.9gb on my tokens, I'm leary of downloading anything?    Yes, the post from Yorkytime was cute, but I don't have a husband or a cellphone!   Without getting too technical, can you explain how this is a problem with my PC if it doesn't use data allowance when the LAN in unplugged?  As I said before, Tokens were at 3.7gb when I unplugged it & 3.7 when I plugged it back in.   I also added, after reading some of the links I'm already on the Basic Setup.  1 computer...1 modem...no router.
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Re: 3 calls re: excessive data usage. Told yesterday to unplug LAN overnight & call back NOW told to post? I'm not familiar with this???

Cathy, scroll down the page further.

Highlighted
New Poster

this is very confusing for someone who doesn't post or blog!?  I don't know if I'm supposed to be doing something or if I'm waiting for somebody!?  All I know is my tokens are down to 2.4 & don't know anymore than I did Friday when I called the first time!!!
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Lets keep our posts in order at the end of the "conversation" so as to keep our place.

Your next step is download and install the free version of Glasswire.

Highlighted
New Poster

TKS for making it as simple as possible!!  I did the download.  next...
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

The next step is to install and make these setting changes:

(click on the pictures for larger images)

And then let it run for a while so it can collect usage data and interpret the output:

Highlighted
New Poster

Is this what you needed?   the first shot was taken @ 2:18.  
Highlighted
New Poster

so what happens when all of my tokens are gone?   they are now down to 1.9gb!
once before when this data usage thing happened, at was resolved soon after I called HNS.   my norm is 1-2% data allowance used daily.  whatever has caused this is what has used the Bonus Bytes...I don't use them.
Highlighted

Yes, that's what GWalk is looking for and I only jump in because you need to act quickly. The culprit appears to be Windows Explorer... do you happen to have a OneDrive, SkyDrive, online backup program, etc. that is synchronizing with the cloud and integrated with Windows Explorer?

The best place to look might be in control panel under Programs and Features.

Others including GWalk may have some suggestions.            
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Wow! The +1100 Hosts is concerning. Will let Gwalk continue helping you, just wanted mention that.