cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 calls re: excessive data usage. Told yesterday to unplug LAN overnight & call back NOW told to post? I'm not familiar with this???

Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Re: 3 calls re: excessive data usage. Told yesterday to unplug LAN overnight & call back NOW told to post? I'm not familiar with this???

"But for now, I'd use the Glasswire Firewall tab to block Windows Explorer... to stop the bleeding."

I agree.

I'll take all the help we can get. I have to run for a while but I'll be back.

Click the "Firewall" tab....

go down the list and find WINDOWS EXPLORER ... NOT Internet Explorer

Click on it in the list and click on the "click to block" button.

Frankly, its just not normal for Windows Explorer to connect and use data.

Highlighted

Re: 3 calls re: excessive data usage. Told yesterday to unplug LAN overnight & call back NOW told to post? I'm not familiar with this???

I'd also suggest switching to the Apps view rather than Traffic and zeroing in on the Hosts for Windows Explorer.  
Highlighted
New Poster

the email I just opened is telling me to contact Advanced Tech Support.  Does this mean you're through with me?   

OLD LABS:   wasn't sure how to get back to you, but thanks for your help & good luck with your Labs!!
Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks for your time!  Cathy
Highlighted

I'm not sure what e-mail you're referring to, but for this issue, you should stick with the community.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
New Poster

I checked my email & got the # for Advanced Tech, I'll be calling them.  I'm not sure I know how to get back to you after I close out?
tks again.
Highlighted

Nah, Gwalk doesn;t give up that easily - he's just away from his computer on an errand or something. Try his suggestion immediately above your last reply regarding blocking on the Glasswire Firewall tab - it should stop the bleeding for now.

Note my comments above are primarily aimed at GWalk - pay no attention to the man behind the curtain... on this one we're not in Kansas anymore.
Highlighted

I'm sorry, if I wasn't clear. For this specific issue of unidentified data usage, please stick with working with Gwalk et al. here in the community. Our advanced support will not be able to assist because we have already established that the root cause is not with HughesNet. No need to call Advanced Tech.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
New Poster

Lexi Hamilton Hughesnet Support?   she says the next step is to call them to further look into the situation?   I had closed email earlier & when you said I might be receiving an email, I opened it and saw this from Lexi.  She gave me a new case # & had STATUS:  closed  & to call Advanced Tech?     looks like it was sent about 2 hrs AFTER I started this posting stuff!   so I should hang in here?
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Cathy,

Just hang in here.

Follow up on Old Labs suggestion to block internet access to Windows Explorer in the Firewall tab of Glasswire.

I have a couple of irons in the fire. I'll be back in a bit.

I will also post detailed instructions on making sure your Tokens are released for use.