cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 calls re: excessive data usage. Told yesterday to unplug LAN overnight & call back NOW told to post? I'm not familiar with this???

Distinguished Professor IV

Re: 3 calls re: excessive data usage. Told yesterday to unplug LAN overnight & call back NOW told to post? I'm not familiar with this???

I went to download that and my antivirus popped up with a "Trojan.Dropper.Gen" warning. 

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Re: 3 calls re: excessive data usage. Told yesterday to unplug LAN overnight & call back NOW told to post? I'm not familiar with this???

Strange, downloaded fine here then scanned and came back clean.
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

I figured she already had that set, maybe not.
Highlighted

It may just be my antivirus.  It gets touchy.  I tried it a second time and same thing.  I really want to try it but that is "bugging" me.  LOL.  Maybe I can download it from CNet and see if that makes any difference. 

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

I'm running it right now for grins, pretty sure no rootkit here.
Highlighted

I downloaded it from their "All Products" page and it went fine.  Now I'll run it.  I've never had a problem that I know of, but why not, right? 

Highlighted

I vaguely recall her mentioning Windows Updates were downloading earlier today - but I've been unable to verify any of those IPv6 addresses so far...
Highlighted
New Poster

Rootkit scan finished:  NO malware found!  No cleanup required.    That sounds good.
Window updates were done before I started this up again.   
 here's the latest GW.    The good news (I guess) is doesn't seem to be eating up the Tokens they added yesterday?
What are all these Hosts?    just curious
All the Wins updates worked ok except for 1 optional for Intel graphics something???
Highlighted

The hosts represent all of the servers (web sites) your applications are talking to - the cryptic numeric ones are those that Glasswire can't resolve to a "user friendly" name. FWIW, I do see at least one ad related site there - you may want to install and ad blocker to save even more data. Can't make a recommendation for Chrome however, i don't use it.
Highlighted

The Windows Updates were done today, right?  If so, they would be part of the Host Process.  That's probably what most of that is.   

You can change it from "All" to "Apps" (on the left), then click on Chrome to show what sites used the data.