cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

!$300 to buy out of contract that i feel was falsely advertised to me. Very disappointed!!!

!$300 to buy out of contract that i feel was falsely advertised to me. Very disappointed!!!

I switched to dish/hughesnet in an attempt to recieve better internet service and a bundle package. I was very adamant about the importance of internet speed and usage. I really think the service stinks and being locked into the contract is BS. I was told this was a better internet service. Its the same price my old service was and slower with less data available. Very disappointed. $300 to buy out of contract that i feel was falsely advertised to me. Very disappointed!!!
9 REPLIES 9

Re: !$300 to buy out of contract that i feel was falsely advertised to me. Very disappointed!!!

How where you misled when it came to hughesnet service?
Could you give us the serial number located at the back of the modem, that way the officials can find your account.
Assistant Professor

Re: !$300 to buy out of contract that i feel was falsely advertised to me. Very disappointed!!!

Also if you signed up through Dish then they are the ones who misled you. Maybe one of the official reps can try to help though.

S/N 41S1495N07F58                                                                                                       

I emailed all this info along with how I was mislead

I tried to file a complaint with dish and was told they do not handle that aspect of the package I was redirected to hughesnet and told I could buy out of my contract

Plus to be honest I have not had any issues with my dish programming just my internet service I clearly explained what I was looking for in internet service and was told this service would be fine for my needs I was not told I would only be fine for 5 days out of the month

Hi Bobby,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We'd like to help address your concerns. That serial number isn't yielding any results and doesn't look like the same format as any of our modem's serial numbers. Please be sure you are getting the serial number off the HughesNet modem. Depending on your system, your modem may be white (HN9000) or gray (HT1100). 

Alternatively, do you have a case number we can use to locate your account?

Once we have your account information, we can request a sales call review to see how the speeds were pitched. If you have any other claims about how the sales call went, please let me know so that the review looks for that as well.

Also, to what e-mail address did you e-mail us? If you don't have a case number, you can also e-mail us your SAN (account number) to communitysupport@hughes.com.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

If it only last 5 days, you are consuming more bandwidth than you get. I would recommend upgrading as the package you have is not working for you. 

You can check usage information and diagnostics here: http://192.168.0.1

I don't think you were misled as you were more or less sold the wrong package. Did you explain how much internet you use, if so, they should have recommended a bigger package.

This has a little bit more information of the plans Hughesnet offers.
http://legal.hughesnet.com/FairAccessPolicyGen4.cfm

Hi Bobby,

Haven't hear back from you so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->