cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 hours of no service again

4 hours of no service again

I will be as nice and polite as is possible.
Dear Hughesnet, I have been a customer for 4 years due to the simple fact that it is a choice of you or dial-up, in all of this time I have come to the understanding that I have made the incorrect choice. I have nothing but problems and have been lied to so many times that I lost count in the first 3 months. You have been stealing from your customers and you have been happily getting away with it. Tonight when I called the first time I was told it was system maintenance and would be done soon, the second time I called I was told 2 hours, the third time I was told it was done, and the fourth time I was told the same.
I do have a long list of complaints that I will be reporting to the FCC and the BBB as well as to the state District Attorney. A short part of that list is below.
Abysmal customer service that cannot do their job
Lack of service as promised
Over priced for services rendered
Failure to comply with contract in that service was not provided to contract specs

For anyone wanting to contract their services I would say that you would be better off beating yourself in the head with a hammer.
14 REPLIES 14
Associate Professor

Re: 4 hours of no service again

Honorary Alumnus

"Contract Specs" can be found here:

http://legal.hughesnet.com/SubAgree-01-01-15.cfm

Binding arbitration is your only legal recourse.

What type of problems are you having ? Perhaps we can help.

What system are you on ?

Assistant Professor

For anyone wanting to contract their services I would say that you would be better off beating yourself in the head with a hammer.
I think I'll pass on that one.
Associate Professor

Honorary Alumnus

None really, all speeds are "up to" ...... no one but God is responsable for acts of God, binding arbitration is the sole settelment option.
That leaves troubleshooting and learning the best ways to get the most from the system.
Associate Professor

my internet also sucks, tired of the slow service. my son checks my computer when he comes to visit and he tells me i am not getting the download or upload speed im am paying for.
Assistant Professor

So Debbie, why not start your own post and try to get some help?
Alum

Hi Desmond,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear your frustration with your service. Allow us to investigate on your behalf. Your concerns are important to us and with a recent case number or the serial number on the back/bottom of your modem we can pull up your account. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

- Chris