cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

46070917 Pop up messages Have cause me problems almost every month for over a year

46070917 Pop up messages Have cause me problems almost every month for over a year

I don't even know where to begin. First off, I have been given false information which has ultimately cost me money and so much more. Since late summer of 2013 pop up messages have ruined any good thing that I thought ab HN, which was really not much. Notice I have been a customer since that exact time. My bill states the following: Bill Generation Date 02/03/2015 Bill Due Date: 02/13/2015- The date are hypothetical, the point is the key words generation and due. Any reasonable person is going to think that the date the bill is due is the 13th, obviously, and every company I have ever dealt with allows a 10 day grace period before proceeding with trying to collect. Well, I get pop up messages stating that the card I have on file was not accepted please contact. Thing is these start on the 3rd. So, over a year ago when this first happened I was told that I could be given and ext. the messages would stop after a command was sent, didn't work-- then a forced unlock, nope...then a new modem (because the problem was with the modem not the commands being sent) turned out to be not true either. and finally a scheduled payment--nah ah.!!  Now please understand this has been an ongoing issue every month nearly for over a year. I am BEYOND frustrated!!! So,  I would be given an ext. then nothing would happen, I would still not be able to use the internet w/o interruption until my balance was $0. Now, I cannot receive any more ext. b.c I've had too many, yet I've never gotten one, I always had no option but to pay the bill, and I have always done around the end of the second week of a month, around the 13th....when the BILL says it's due!!!! Last month, I finally told every problem I was having and for the first time I was helped properly. So, I thought. I was told that the problem could be solved by starting my billing cycle on a new date, which I then agreed upon for the 20th of every month. I was then told my next bill would not be due until Feb, 20 and it would be around $120-$130 for a prorated month and then the following full month. I was also credited a remaining balance of $32. Today's the 4th and I have called Customer service twice. Started getting messages yesterday called, told it would be solved in a hour blah blah blah...same tango as always!! No luck. So , today I FINALLY get some truth out of somebody in hughesnet. Sadly, it took her putting me on hold for 5 min to obtain this. Extensions, payment schedules, commands, forced unlike - none of these will guarantee the pop ups will stop; the only way is by paying the balance in full. I got jerked around, fed false info, and went w/o internet service that I paid for b/c I couldn't get the truth. Now, today, I was once again told to wait 24 hrs. I know the deal. But, b/c now I know the truth ab things I also know that I will probably go w/o service between the 13-20th. Unless I pay the balance, which I was told in Jan would not be due till the 20th of Feb. so that is when it is in my budget and I cannot do it before hand, I have to schedule my money perfectly, so sometimes the littlest things can throw it off. I am also an online student, so internet is essential to me. When I get blocked from accessing the internet at all b.c of the messages I WILL be finding another provider. I'm done w. this!!!! Also, when this happens my guests can see it, and considering it happens 1/3 of the service period that a lot. It is not a good feeling what HN is doing to customers, it''s ridiculous!! Instead of "reminding you to make your payment" by partially interrupting the services that we are paying for, send daily emails, phone calls, text., social medial....something else!!! There are more ways to ensure your payment is received than blocking the internet 4-5 times a day and then complete shut off by the 13th....which it the said due date. Another lie I was revealed.... the bill generation date is the due date the due date is considered the date after the 10 day grace period. Really????Now that is misleading and you can't deny it.. A $10 a month discount for 3 months that I was given is just not worth the trouble I have been through.
11 REPLIES 11

Re: 46070917 Pop up messages Have cause me problems almost every month for over a year

Good morning Christen,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. We were able to pull up your account with the case number provided, so we'll investigate further and post back once we have any updates or questions.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Re: 46070917 Pop up messages Have cause me problems almost every month for over a year

"This feature is to advise you that if you have an outstanding balance due and have entered into the collections process, you can clear your account and avoid having your service locked. You will be presented multiple options for making immediate payment to resolve your outstanding balance. It is important to resolve your outstanding balance promptly to avoid further service restriction."   

This is the circumstances in which, according to hughesnet, I should be getting these messages. My bill was issued 2/3/15 and it CLEARLY STATES that it is NOT DUE TILL 2/13/215. How is my account in collections? My bill was issued 3 days ago and is not due for another week. I do not care what I was told about the bill "issue or generation" date is actually the due date and the "due date" is the end of the ten day "grace period". It a lie! No reasonable person would think anything other that what is written in PLAIN VIEW!!!! Check consumer regulation laws, I guarantee this is considered false language and is deceiving to any "reasonable person(s)". If something like this is going to occur, to the point of seemingly continuous service interruption, then it should be clearly stated somewhere!! Not pieced together with incomprehensible language between the customer contract agreement and a string of various articles available through the HN Information Browser Messaging. The only reason I understood this is b/c I have been trained to do so. There is no way a reasonable or average person could understand this w/o hiring an attorney. "Recommending an attorney overview" is something else you should add if this is the way you would like to execute your contract. Deceptive wording but nearly impossible to unravel, because HN holds the right to do anything they please, including service interruption and the ability to back out of the contract at will. That benefits no one but HN, and does not consider the customer who is actually paying for services. I am well aware this is how a lot of enhanced communication services work. However, I have never experienced one actually be this misleading, dishonest, and flat out show no concern for the customer. I spoke to an agent every month for over a year and was never told something that would have prevented me from ever having to call again after the first time. FOR OVER A YEAR this went on.Is it obvious why I am so frustrated? I am fed up with this. To top it of, I was promised a call back at 12:30 yesterday from the agent I spoke with last, never got it. Although, you did have that case number so you probably already knew this; not that it is your concern but my issue was still not resolved!! Surprise. What frustrates me even more, is when I came across customer reviews I did not see one happy customer. Then, I come here to the community forum, and it's pretty much the same way. Only, the lack of concern for customers can actually be heard within the responses that are offered to customers. I even read some agents disputing what was being told by the customer; like they were lying. Who trains the customer support? I saw that three people had changed services due to unresolved issues, mainly with customer service. It's sad!! The entire company should be ashamed to even charge for services after the way a majority of customers have been treated. HN is, or was, a main provider where I am from, and I have not spoke to one person who was pleased. It is statistically impossible for you to have more satisfied customers than dissatisfied. B/c I THINK I saw one good comment. And maybe a "well the customer service agent was friendly but, did not resolve my issue" Story of my life w/ HN!! If I was had the time between full time school, wife/mother of 4, the finances did not live in a small country town and had the finances I would find a way to legally get out of this contract, and with all the deceiving language, misleading information, and the history or me continually being guraranteed something that was in fact not possible, proving HN dishonesty would be easy.  If no law controls these circumstances, precedent can always be created. Any reasonable fact finder would find these actions misleading and false. Consumer protection laws still apply, and you are manipulating those to take advantage of your paying customers who don't have other options!Sadly, I know the problem can be resolved, I have had it happen twice, but surely I spoke to the only two individuals actually concerned with my issue. I know that my account will be locked after a few days, and my school work will suffer. But, I give up. HughesNet wins again, just gonna ride my contract out and move on; I've only got 6 months left. 

Christen Wiley
Last case # 46070917
Honorary Alumnus

For what its worth, I too had billing issues in the past.
You do have the option (yup its $5 per month more) of going to invoice billing.
They then follow the normal convention of generating a bill and having a real due date.
I still manually pay my bill online electronicly before the "due date" but on my schedule, not theirs.

This is the first I'v ever heard of this option. Thank you; this seems like the best option for me me. It's worth $5 bucks a month. But, I still had to go through the 9 search engines of hell to find out how- call customer service. Thanks for the advice.  

Christen
Honorary Alumnus

If you enter 192.168.0.1 into your browsers address bar it will open the modems SCC (System Control Center) main page.
This page is "internal" to the modem.
On that main page is a link "Customer Care".
Near the bottom right is a "contact us" area, one method of contact is by phone.

The Hughes main support contact number is 1-866-347-3292

Be advised that most of the lower tier phone support levels are "outsourced".
Calls are recorded.
You should during the call be given a "case number".
Be sure you receive one, be sure to retain it.
If a problem developes, posting that case number here on the forum will allow the Hughes forum employees (they are located in the Hughes Germantown MD headquarters) to access your account detail and if needed review the recorded support episode.

Call the number, work your way thru the recorded maze to the Billing Department.
Tell them you wish to change to Invoice Billing
Ask questions (remember, the call is recorded) so the answers will be on record.
Save that "case number".

Christen, a small word of advise , in all you your searching, for information , always come to the form and save yourself, a lot of 9 search  engines trying to find out the right source, or information or in this , just numbers !

Good morning Christen,

We reviewed your case history and decided to credit your account with the remaining balance. I'm not sure how long it takes for our billing system and your modem to recognize this and stop displaying the pop-up messages, but please let me know by the end of the day if the pop-ups persist.

I do see that your bill date has been changed to the 20th in our system. As you have learned, for those on autopay, the card on file is debited when the bill is generated. I understand your frustration and confusion regarding the wording, it's very understandable and it isn't the first time this has been brought up. We'll send this feedback up to management on your behalf to see if we can make this all more clear for other subscribers like yourself. Gwalk's suggestion for payment works too if you prefer, although yes, there is the $5 monthly invoice fee. 

If you have any other concerns, please post back, we're happy to help.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Today is the 22nd, my billing cycle has yet to be changed to the 20th like I was told in writing/print. Unlike most occasions, when something like this occurs there Is a record, and it cannot denied. eI was told "I do see that your bill date has been changed to the 20th in our system". I am not sure why, or how, I am not reflecting the same information that is shown in HughesNet's system. I would assume the system is  linked to my online account where I see my billing information. Will this be fixed? Should I just forget about it and keep going on like I have since Aug of 2013. I know now not to  ever get my hopes up thinking that HN will come through. Please let me know what to expect. 

Christen Wiley

Christen, i ran into the same problem ,myself !!!!  but i can assure you ,if it says it ,the bill has been generated , does not mean that they are taking it out that day ,instead just watch and you will see it taken out the date you had agreed upon  !!!  you change it and Hughes-Net will charge you an extra $20.00 as they did myself because of them pop-ups !!!! I made that mistake !!!