Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 Year issue with Hughes Net

Distinguished Professor I

Re: 5 Year issue with Hughes Net

Hoping for the best, @bounceback2p!

@bounceback2p wrote:

@C0RR0SIVE@maratsade@Aedan@GabeU@Gwalk900  Thanks for the advice or input whichever word fits for you. We will stop at this point with the speed tests for now and see what comes out of Monday's appt. We aren't going to hold our breath since that was done once before about 3 years ago and all the tech did was blame our computer. We will keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best and will let you know. Thanks again for all you guys have tried to do and assist us.

Hi bounceback2p,

I hope yesterday's site visit went well. On top of that, I spoke with an engineer today and got confirmation that network adjustments have been implemented and have improved performance overall. Are you seeing any improvements now?

Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

@Liz@maratsade@C0RR0SIVE@GabeU  Monday's visit went very well. The tech was very knowledgeable and very informative. He replaced the modem and the radio on the dish itself. He also adjusted the dish slightly. One thing we weren't aware of and he explained was that our Linksys Router we were using for Wi-Fi before we moved in April and upgraded to Gen 5 was causing issues too. Even though we had never hooked it up since moving, we did have that network on the computer and the router WAS plugged in but never hooked up here. He explained that the system was still trying to detect it and was bouncing back and forth between the Wi Fi on the modem and our router. The router is now uplugged and put away since we are using the Wi Fi on the modem. Service is better, still freezes some but not near as bad and we haven't had the internet go down at all. We will continue to monitor over the next couple days and hopefully it stays that way.

Thanks to all that have assisted us and seemingly it appears things are far, far, far improved. We appreciate everything everyone involved has done very much. Thanks again.

Distinguished Professor I

@bounceback2p, that's great! I hope you have no more problems with any of this.

Good morning bounceback2p,

Thank you so much for letting us know how it went, I'm glad your HughesNet service is running well! Please don't hesitate to reach back out if you have other concerns.

Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Spectator

Hughes Net is JUNK!!!  As soon as my contract is up I am gone.  I will NEVER recommend this internet service to anyone, EVER.

Distinguished Professor IV

@bounceback2p

That's great news!  I'm glad it's working much better for you now.  

I would have never even thought of a separate, but unconnected router causing issues, but I'll keep that in mind for future.  We learn something new every day.  

With that said, and I apologize if you've already explained this, but what do you mean by "still freezes"?  Are you referring to videos freezing, or websites freezing while trying to open?   This might actually be something separate that can be easily remedied.  Perhaps a DNS server issue.  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

@GabeU@Liz@maratsade@C0RR0SIVE  It's been a while now since the tech was here and helped out. We haven't had the internet "drop" us since then. We still have the freezing issue of which we mean....Sometimes web sites won't load for awhile or in the middle of something, be it a game or on various web sites, it won't load. The screen or web site will freeze up and sometimes actually completely reset. I don't know exactly how to explain it. But as Gabe pointed out, that may not be a Hughes issue. It could be the web sites issue or various things. We don't blame that on Hughes since there are so many things it could be. Our service is better but speeds are still a bit up and down however not near what they used to be. I would say at this point we are very much better with our service and are happier with it.

We really want to thank all of you for all your efforts in hopefully making this much better. At least none of you jumped to blaming our computer and realized it was an issue somewhere with the service. We just simply don't know exactly what the problem was with so much being replaced. Whether it was the Hughes modem, the radio or our router since all were either changed for new or completely turned off. We are thankful that someone actually listened and took steps to alleviate the issue. Again....all our thanks and appreciation for everyone's assistance with this issue.

gw2
Freshman

Same issues here.  I've been working with Tech since installed the end of June.....less than 1 Mbsp speeds after 4pm.

Hi bounceback2p,

You're very welcome. We're glad you found the help you needed here in the community! We're here if you have any other concerns.