502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.0.15

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
curtiswoten
New Poster

502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.0.15

get this when doing tests for download and upload speeds?

What does it mean?

My internet is always slow, cant stream netflix like I was told I would be able to!

any sugestions or fixes?

5 REPLIES 5
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Where are you trying to run the tests?  What site?

You could try clearing the history, cookies, and cache from your browser. You could also try rebooting the modem, and rebooting your computer, and see if the problem persists. 

Post a screenshot of the problem next time it happens. 

There's been problems at the Cheyenne gateway wrt to snowfall. Others are getting the same thing.

What is the IP Gateway Association State when you go here? Specifically looking for the string that starts with a J2.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

@MarkJFine wrote:

There's been problems at the Cheyenne gateway wrt to snowfall. Others are getting the same thing.

What is the IP Gateway Association State when you go here? Specifically looking for the string that starts with a J2.

@MarkJFine 

Do you have any information on what sort of issues others are seeing?  I think I am on the Cheyenne gateway, but other than an outage lasting a few hours on December 6th, I have seen little impact from snowfall.

I see there was very heavy snowfall on Nov 26/27, but I did not have an outage then, and performance remained reasonable despite the heavy snow.  I did experience a strange/unusual outage on Dec. 6, but I don't see that they had snow then -- have you heard something regarding that?

2019Dec6-outage.png

Here is a graph for me from the morning of Dec 6th -- the system appeared to be working from 4:30am on, but a bit slow until 10am or so.  Performance was really good at other times, I have a testmy test from that afternoon at 44.21 Mbps for a 25MB test, which was not too far from the estimate above.  Before the outage I was J2CHY082HNSIGW0109, and after J2CHY082HNSIGW0110, but it seems to have jumped around a bit during the outage.  Performance of HughesNet on other days has been pretty good for me.

Could the error message have been from the HughesNet bandwidth test on the HughesNet site?  I am wondering if this might be related to the setup of the web site of the test, and not related to snow at the HughesNet gateway.  I ask since I was not sure what others have heard....

Was my impression that others were seeing the 502 gateway error from my.hughesnet.com web server. It could be an internal web server error, but can also be generated if it gets a garbled command, e.g., corrupted packet.

Those last four digits will usually change any time your modem re-associates with the gateway. It basically attempts to put you into the least congested 'group'. I wouldn't worry about it unless you somehow get assigned a really poor group. You can then try to force it into another group by simply rebooting the modem.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Amanda

Hi curtiswoten,

Welcome to our community, we're here to help! As our great members here have asked, what website are you visiting when you get this error? And regarding Netflix, what devices are you trying to stream on?

Thanks,

Amanda