50GB fusion service running very slow

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmcgaughan
New Poster

50GB fusion service running very slow

So i have been on this service for 4 days now .. and have been on the phone with support for 4 days straight. speeds are Stupid slow.. at first i could not even get netflix to work. it works now but quality is pretty bad.  I understand that getting the 25mb all the time or ever is a wish.. but per the speed test from the Hughesnet support site i am averaging around 6 mbs max.  and my upload speed is 10 mbs.. this is constant 24-7  i just ran tests when i was at work in the middle of the day and results were 1-5 mbs.. this is not acceptable.. the sales person stated i would not have trouble streaming netflix at all even if i went over my data .. well i am having issues with most of my data left. all video is streamed on stasndard. this is completely false advertising .. if you cant even get close or more than half of your advertised speed rate .. you should not advertise that speed rate. not sure where to go now.. excpet to switch services if this cant be fixed to i can at least stream shows with out having to worry about the Loading circle of death running for 3 min in the middle of a show. or mouths moving and the voice comes 3-6 sec later. 

thanks for listening 

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The size of the data package you buy does not impact speeds in any way.

Streaming is a data-intensive activity that can be affected by many things, including latency, especially (but not limited to) prime time hours.

You can turn off the video data saver and see if that improves the experience, but be aware you'll run out of data fast.

This site you posted on is for tech and account support, and if you're looking for tech support on your slow speeds, you will need to run tests using Testmy.net. For details, see https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Think-you-have-slow-speeds/m-p/110034#M74607

I never stated that the size mattered i just put that up there as a title.. i work in the IT industry and a Network Admin i know how network work and how streaming works. When a company advertises 25mb service you should at least get 60-70% of that number on a constant basis. There was a point that i was running 600-1200 latency in the evening.. 

to your comment about streaming being a data intensive activity.. that has nothing to do with being able to stream.. jsut that you will run through your data when you do stream.. and if you set your apps to sream at 420p.. it is not that data intensive..   the abiltiy to stream is affected by download speed mostly .. and latency.   Your comment on latency and prime time hours refer back to my comment on you should not advertise a 25mb speed unless you can provide at least 60-70% of that speed constantly .. even during peak hours also Please dont say it is satalite service it is not the greates for streaming, look at what starlink is providing .. 50-100mb service with no data caps. and latency as low as 20 ms.. Satalite can provide great service... i will run that speed test site when i get home.. i am at work right now.. 

when i was sold this product i was told my the sales team i would have no issues streaming day or night .. it was just the big downloads ( files and games ) i would not be able to do once i used my datat.. 

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I see that one of the HughesNet agents on this site is helping you, so you're in good hands.

Hi pmcgaughan, 

Thank you for your patience. Our engineers are testing some new parameters to see if they will improve general and streaming performance. If all goes well, it will be rolled out in your area soon. Engineering will let me know when this update will be released.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Hi pmcgaughan,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I appreciate you explaining what's happened so far. I pulled up your account to review what's been done so far and have escalated your case to our engineers here at corporate to get their input. I'll post back once I have any further instructions or updates for you.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Hi,

Just another update after discussing with the engineers. To expedite addressing your concerns, we've dispatched a tech to make an adjustment on your site. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for 1/12/2023 between 11:00AM - 02:00PM. The tech will reach out to confirm the visit, so you can use that opportunity to reschedule if needed, alternatively you can reschedule online. Please let us know how internet performance and streaming goes after the visit, thank you!

-Liz