5g settings

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skiporgnk
Freshman

5g settings

I have been trying to get the 5g settings to be recognized in my ht2000 modem I have made sure they are active. Nothing I have when i goto wiffi in any of my devices the 5g is not seen. What does it take for it to be recognized.
3 REPLIES 3
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Are you sure the devices are 5 Ghz capable. Several of our older tablets only have 2.4 Ghz ability and they don't show the higher band being available as there is no receiver built in to even see it. Some newer devices don't have 5 Ghz either.

I am would think my LG Stylo 3 would be it just came out but now that you mention that I ck my tv sure enough it was there.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Skiporgnk

Checking LG's website on a Stylo 3, it shows the WiFi capability is 802.11 b/g/n, which most likely means that it does not have the ability to utilize the 5Ghz band.  Whether the "n" part of the wireless can actually utilize the 5Ghz band is up to the manufacturer, but in most cases it doesn't.  😞 

It may be the same with your TV. 

With this said, though, HughesNet's present speed doesn't exceed the speed capability of the 2.4Ghz band, so even if your devices had the 5Ghz capability they may not see an advantage when using it.  However, if you are seeing speed differences between a LAN connection and a 2.4Ghz WiFi connection, as in slower speeds with the WiFi, there may very well be some settings adjustments that you can make to the HT2000W's 2.4Ghz band to improve the speed.