cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 Gigs disapeared in the middle of the night

Donald Unland

Re: 7 Gigs disapeared in the middle of the night

Thanks for your comment glass wire does not have any programs running on my computer there is something wrong with this . I am the only one that uses this computer and do not watch p*** I do not watch videos I do eBay only and nothing else. Something is sucking my data quickly just like it was in my other house that I had to cancel HughesNet early. Thanks for your reply .I will try your solution.
Why can't HughesNet talk to me like you are talking instead telling me to chill? So frustrating
Liz

Good morning Donald,

Amanda is out today. To start narrowing down the source of your unidentified data usage, please follow these steps: 

Please post your screenshots here in your thread.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I don't work for HughesNet. Just a long time customer who likes to help those that really want it and not come here just to vent and scream and yell. Not to mention the reply you made to Amanda, an employee, who honestly tries to help those who want it and has done so for years now.

If you had Hughes before and had the same problem then I would definitely check your computer(s) for background processes, viruses and malware.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

"glass wire does not have any programs running on my computer there is something wrong with this"

Glasswire does not run programs on your computer, Glasswire IS a program you have been asked to install so it can track what programs and background processes are running and how much data is being used.

Perform the modem isolation test as Liz pointed out below so as to rule the modem as a cause in or out.

Old Labs

FWIW, Glasswire may be downloaded and installed by going to:

https://www.glasswire.com/

Follow along with the all the subsequent steps you're going to be provided after the isolation test below which will potentially rule out a HughesNet error.

If you do you'll probably reach a succesful resolution just as the one in the following thread:

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/3-calls-re-excessive-data-usage-told-yesterday-to...

if you want to do a little read ahead...