Hughesnet Community

$70 month for internet that I can only use for 2-4 days monthly

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmilcoff

$70 month for internet that I can only use for 2-4 days monthly

I have seen where many people are having this same issue.  I read that if you post a new conversation they will review your sales call and determine if you can cancel without any fees.  I would really like to get out of my contract without the early termination fee because whoever the guy was that we talked with initially was EXTREMELY misleading.  I pay $70 a month for nothing essentially.  We have Roku box and this was my main concern because my son and I only have local channels to watch on tv. We wanted to make sure we could use the Roku to have something to watch.  I distinctly remember the guy saying we could watch a movie a day/10-20 movies/month and be that was fine, and we could never use up the bonus bites between that 2am-8am window. We’ve had this problem since the 1st month. We discovered that 1 movie used up about half of our month's allowance of data.  I also found that I can only watch 1 show in the morning within the bonus bite window for about 2/3 of the month. Not only do we have these problems, but the internet is sooooo slow the majority of time, my son has a hard time doing his online homework for school and I have problems paying my bills online because of this.  I can't continue to pay this kind of money for such crappy service and such limited data, especially since what we were told was no where close to our experience. I had called since getting your service and they had instructed me to set the Roku settings to a lower definition so that we will not use up so much of our data, but this did still did not make much of a difference, till only have data for 2-4 days monthly. If I was told when I signed up that the use of using my Roju was going to be MINIMAL, I would’ve never signed up for your service.

45 REPLIES 45
rmilcoff

The real problem I have with Hughesnet is that my son has a hard time doing his online homework and I'm having hard time paying my bills because of their internet being so slow. I have to actually pay my bills on my lunch break at work, because my home service is inadequate. 
rmilcoff

The real problem I have with Hughesnet is that my son has a hard time doing his online homework and I'm having hard time paying my bills because of their internet being so slow. I have to actually pay my bills on my lunch break at work, because my home service is inadequate. 
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Amanda replied twice: 

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/-70-month-for-internet-that-i-can-only-use-for-2-...

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/-70-month-for-internet-that-i-can-only-use-for-2-...

There are a number of us other customers here who can help you learn how to manage your data.

Priorities are a big part. I would think your son's homework would take precedence over watching as much Netflix as you want. Your service is most likely slow because you are over your monthly allowance and being throttled.

How old is your son? My guess is he's doing things you're not aware of that use lots of data. That is what kids do.

Again, we can help you do things to manage the data use if you want. I'll start with an initial question. Do you have an ad blocker installed on all your browsers?
rmilcoff

My son is 22 yrs old and is in college. I know that he doesn't use too much data, other then homework and wanting to watch some movies, because he has a smartphone and usually only uses about 1 GB or less of Data a month, even though we have a shared plan for 8 GB. Yes we have an Ad blocker on our browsers.