A Gateway connection problem has occured 21.1.2

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marie_J
New Poster

A Gateway connection problem has occured 21.1.2

Currently haven't had internet for 3 days - no luck troublshooting yet.  modem has been reset, power cycled, and checked all cables to the sattelite/wall hook up. When on my System Control Center, the System Status is red. When I do the Connectivity Test the messages pop up with “Unable to resolve gateway” and “You do not have connectivity to the gateway.” All Built-In Self Test categories "Passed".

Anything i can do to fix my internet? 
6 REPLIES 6
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@marie_J 

The reps will likely want to try to run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment.  They may ask for some personal information so they can locate your account, but they'll ask for it to be sent via Private Message, for which they'll provide a link.  

The reps are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST.  You should see a reply from one tomorrow.  

As for your issue, it's possible that your dish has moved and the aim is off or there is a technical issue with your equipment.  Whatever the cause, the reps should be able to help you.

Edit:  I should add that if you'd rather not wait for a reply from a rep you can call HughesNet's tech service department at 866-347-3292.  They're there 24/7.

Haven't been contacted yet. Guess I will call

maratsade

Might be your best bet, especially since it's Friday. 

@marie_J wrote:

Haven't been contacted yet. Guess I will call

Hello @marie_J,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear you were experiencing this. I see you called in to receive assistance. Were your issues able to be resolved? 

-Damian 

maratsade

Could be weather related due to weather at your location or weather at the location of your gateway, which is always in another state.  The reps here will be able to tell you more. 

marie_J wrote:

Currently haven't had internet for 3 days - no luck troublshooting yet.  modem has been reset, power cycled, and checked all cables to the sattelite/wall hook up. When on my System Control Center, the System Status is red. When I do the Connectivity Test the messages pop up with “Unable to resolve gateway” and “You do not have connectivity to the gateway.” All Built-In Self Test categories "Passed".

Anything i can do to fix my internet? 

RennyG
New Poster

I have the same identical issue.  I was also told to call in to tech support.  Any suggestions or update on what fixed your problem?

Thanks.