cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A request for the reps concerning the Usage Meter...

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

A request for the reps concerning the Usage Meter...

I know that only so much can fit on the Usage Meter, but please ask the engineers to consider putting the progress bar back onto it.  It was very helpful to be able to see where you were in your month with just a quick glance.  I'm sure a lot of others would agree.  Thanks.   

RackMultipart20170203-65863-pidckm-Meter_at_30_days_2-3-2017_inline.jpg

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
9 REPLIES 9
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Re: A request for the reps concerning the Usage Meter...

Was requested a long while back when removed but never restored after several meter updates. Sadly seems to be falling on deaf ears. The @MarkJFine implementation in another thread is even better, shows usage down to the MB on both donut meter and digital.

GabeU

@BirdDog

I like Mark's meter, too.  Once he moves that info down a little, like he mentioned, it will be perfect, but it's already much better than the HN standard.  Smiley Happy 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Here is the one liscense agreement I see in the program folder, and yes Mark's is much better, even if things are cramped. There may be a limit.

Copyright (c) 2014 GitHub Inc.

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining
a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the
"Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including
without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish,
distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to
permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to
the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND
NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE
LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION
OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION
WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

MarkJFine
Associate Professor

Heh... it's Github's license. Either they're using it as a GPL boilerplate or that's what they're using for a repository.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU

@BirdDog

I think that particular license is just for that aspect (Electron) of the software.  

I found this in HughesNet Usage Meter > resources > app...

SOFTWARE LICENSE

GRANT:

Hughes Network Systems grants to Subscriber a personal, non-exclusive, non-assignable and non-transferable license to use the HughesNet Usage Meter Software (the "Software") provided by or on behalf of Hughes Network Systems, only for purposes of use in connection with the HughesNet Service. Unauthorized copying of the Software, including software that has been modified, merged or included with the Software, or the written materials associated therewith is expressly forbidden. Subscriber may not sublicense, assign or transfer this license or the Software except as permitted in writing by Hughes Network Systems.

Any attempt to sublicense, assign or transfer any of the rights, duties or obligations under this license is void. Subscriber agrees that it shall not copy or duplicate or permit anyone else to copy or duplicate, any part of the software provided hereunder, or create or attempt to create, or permit others to create or attempt to create, by reverse engineering or otherwise, the source programs or any part thereof from the object programs or from other information made available under this License.

TITLE:

Title, ownership rights, and intellectual property rights in the Software shall remain in Hughes Network Systems and/or its suppliers. The software is protected by the copyright laws and treaties. Title and related rights in the content accessed through the Software are the property of the applicable content owner and may be protected by applicable law. This License gives Subscriber no rights to such content.

TERMINATION:

The license will terminate automatically and immediately in the event that (a) Subscriber fails to comply with all of the terms and conditions described herein, or (b) Subscriber's subscription to the HughesNet Service is terminated for any reason.

EXPORT CONTROLS:

None of the Software or underlying information or technology may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported (i) into (or a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, Yugoslavia, North Korea, Iran, Syria or any other country to which the U.S. has embargoed such goods; or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Denial Orders. By downloading or using the Software, Subscriber is agreeing to the foregoing and represents and warrants that Subscriber is not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.

In addition, if the licensed Software is identified as not-for-export product (for example, on the box, media or in the installation process) the following applies:

EXCEPT FOR EXPORT TO CANADA FOR USE IN CANADA BY CANADIAN CITIZENS, THE SOFTWARE AND ANY UNDERLYING TECHNOLOGY MAY NOT BE EXPORTED OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES OR TO ANY FOREIGN ENTITY OR "FOREIGN PERSON" AS DEFINED BY THE U.S. GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANYONE WHO IS NOT A CITIZEN, NATIONAL OR LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. BY DOWNLOADING OR USING THE SOFTWARE, SUBSCRIBER AGREES TO THE FOREGOING WARRANTS THAT SUBSCRIBER IS NOT A "FOREIGN PERSON" OR UNDER THE CONTROL OF A FOREIGN PERSON.

DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OR LIABILITY:

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL HUGHES NETWORK SYSTEMS OR ITS SUPPLIES OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO SUBSCRIBER OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY CHARACTER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. HUGHES NETWORK SYSTEMS MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT THE SOFTWARE DOES NOT INFRINGE THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY THERETO.

HIGH RISK ACTIVITIES:

The Software is not fault-tolerant and is not designed, manufactured or intended for use or resale as on-line control equipment in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe performance, such as in the operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control, direct life support machines, or weapons systems, in which the failure of the Software could lead directly to death, personal injury, or serve physical or environmental damage ("High Risk Activities") Hughes Network Systems and its suppliers specifically disclaim any express or implied warranty or fitness for High Risk Activities.

MISCELLANEOUS:

This Agreement represents the complete agreement concerning this license and may only be amended by a writing executed by both parties hereto. THE ACCEPTANCE OF THIS LICENSE BY SUBSCRIBER IS EXPRESSLY MADE CONDITIONAL ON ASSENT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable, such provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable. This Agreement is governed in accordance with the laws of the state of Maryland in the United States of America without reference to its conflicts of laws provisions. The application of the United Nations Convention of Contracts for International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. In the event of any inconsistencies between the English version of this license and any other translated version of this license, the English version shall govern.

U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS:

Use, duplication or disclosure by the Government is subject to restrictions set forth in subparagraphs (a) through (d) of the Commercial Computer-Restricted Rights clause of FAR 52.227-19 when applicable, or in subparagraph (c ) (1) (ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software clause at DFARS 252.227-7013,or at 252.211-7015, or to Hughes Network Systems standard commercial license, as applicable, and in similar clauses in the NASA FAR Supplement.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Guess I didn't dig deep enough and wanted to think they left it out. Still, the majority of companies have a liscense statement during the install. 

GabeU

@BirdDog wrote:

Guess I didn't dig deep enough and wanted to think they left it out. Still, the majority of companies have a liscense statement during the install. 

Well....it is HughesNet, after all.  They tend to do things... well... a little differently, sometimes.  Smiley Tongue  

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@GabeU wrote:

@BirdDog wrote:

Well....it is HughesNet, after all.  They tend to do things... well... a little differently, sometimes.  Smiley Tongue  

For sure. I'm done here for the night, other things to do. Hopefully MarkJ will let me test it on Windows.

MarkJFine
Associate Professor

I have no problem with the way HN does things.

Verizon... now there's a strange operation. One year they want you to align all your billing for landline and wireless. The next they want it all ripped apart. And every time I call them up to get something fixed, they mess up my account somehow. They do know telephone and mobile and really do have the best network coverage/reliability. Everything else is a complete mess tho.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.