cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A slow evening, EVERY EVENING!

A slow evening, EVERY EVENING!

My speed is just fine during the day, EVERYDAY. Then comes the period between 6:00 PM and 10:00 PM EST and things slow to the point of not being usable, now EVERYNIGHT. Most web pages stall out trying to load. I just give up and wait until after ten. This is not a chronic situation. It's the same each and every day, so no way it's my equipment which I doubt is afraid of the dark
I know that's a heavy use time period and a slowdown is acceptable. Complete uselessness is not. what can be done to help me?
Larry : GEN4 - Ohio & Indiana (beam 23)
61 REPLIES 61
Associate Professor

Re: A slow evening, EVERY EVENING!

Larry, can you run a set of speed tests from http://consumer.performancetests.hughesnet.com in 3 sets of 5 through out the day?  One set in the morning, one set mid-day, then another set during the slow time period?

Also, can you please provide a case number from a recent call, or the serial number from your Hughesnet modem?  Please do not post your phone number, home address, or SAN/DSS number.

Sure, Modem S/N: B3 0010015381 A0
I'll run the tests tomorrow.
Larry

Hi Larry,

Thanks for posting, we want to address your concerns. As Charles mentioned above, we'll need speed tests to evaluate. In the meantime, we'll run remote diagnostics on your site to ensure the HughesNet transport and equipment are all good. Your patience and cooperation are appreciated, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Highlighted

I have the exact same problem. It started on August 9th. I've jumped through hoop after hoop...running speed tests, having techs come to my home to adjust my satellite, etc etc. And no one will give me a straight answer as to what the problem is or when it will be fixed.

We also have been experiencing more problems in the evening. The speeds slow down and we begin to experience Web Acceleration problems as well uplink problems. At times our download as well as uploads are dropped, which means of course we now will be charged for the MB lost even though it was a problem with the connection.

Let me add to this, I have tried to download a video of Madison Bumgarner impressions and it will not do so. I closed it out and went to a web page my wife gave me a link to for a hotel we are going to stay in the first week of December. I am having a heck of time trying to browse through it. Right now it is hung up and not connected to the page for the location. 

I have been a customer of Hughes for a decade, perhaps more. I upgraded to GEN 4 and all was well, but in the last several days at night it seems to be worse than the old Hughes which I had become very disenchanted with. So...now what? Is my fears that the new Hughes will fail me again coming true? 

OK, I went to conduct a speed test with Hughes, however I get this;
"Following a recent Java update, some users have reported receiving error messages when attempting to conduct speed tests. We are working to resolve the issue, and apologize for any inconvenience."

So, I cannot even conduct a Speed Test. I will try, if I can to use another link for speed test.

OK, this is no where near what it has been in the past, but still should be good enough to download the sites I am looking at. But it is not. The upload is rediculously slow.  At any rate, now what are we supposed to do, just not bother to connect in the evenings? This is quite the contrary for what Hughes has billed thier selves in whcih you can watch videos. 

http://www.speedtest.net/ -
DOWNLOAD

2.92Mb/s

UPLOAD

0.44Mb/s

I finally got  connected to the Hughes test.

Results - est results can be delayed by up to 2 minutes. Please click here to refresh results.Date/TimeDown(kbps)Up(kbps)11/20/2014 22:21:58208899
Download 208   Upload 889.