cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A suggestion regarding Token data...

Distinguished Professor IV

A suggestion regarding Token data...

Though it's unlikely, as it would remove a way of a making at least a minimal amount of profit, it would be nice if customers could decide whether to use their already banked Token data or go into FAP.  

For the last few days (nearly a week) I've been running on Token data due to exhausting my Service Plan data, though almost none of what I've been doing over this time could not just as easily have been done while in FAP.  And during this time I've used nearly 3GB of Token data, which could have been better saved for actions in which I need the higher speeds.

Again, I know it's highly unlikely that anything will change regarding this, and I understand the reason why, but it would still be nice if we could make the choice.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Sophomore

Re: A suggestion regarding Token data...

I would find such an option useful.

I also think it's unlikely to be implemented.

And of course there are other means to limit one's data usage such as limiting or turning off javascript for instance.

Hi Gabe,

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll send this over for consideration. Just my two cents: The token data is a way to maintain your level of service seamlessly after running out of your Service Plan Data. It would be disruptive if we asked the customer every time they ran out of data.  

Perhaps this could be an option one could choose if that's what they really want.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Distinguished Professor IV

@Liz wrote:

The token data is a way to maintain your level of service seamlessly after running out of your Service Plan Data. It would be disruptive if we asked the customer every time they ran out of data. 

There's no reason it would need to be disruptive.  I was thinking of something similar to the Video Data Saver, where you could choose to opt out of using the tokens, but where using them would be the default.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Ah, gotcha that's a good idea. People who opt out of automatically using data tokens should then remember their choice if they decide to watch a movie while low on Service Plan Data lol.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->