Hughesnet Community

A very big THANK YOU to all of the people in this community for doing what you do...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

A very big THANK YOU to all of the people in this community for doing what you do...

When it comes to
services, very few have a community available to them that is as good as this and one that is there to help people with just about any question they have. Even questions having nothing to do with the Hughesnet service itself. From the Official Reps to the Champions to the other knowledgeable people to those just starting out. All have been helpful to so many different people, including myself.

When I have a problem with DirecTV they have a community for their service, but it is nothing like the help one can get here. I can say the same for the Microsoft boards. When you have a Microsoft specific question and go there to ask it is not at all unusual to have some Microsoft rep pipe up with an answer that has absolutely nothing to do with what you were asking about. It’s almost comical how often they get it wrong. Here, on the other hand, there is so much experience between the Reps and Champions that there is nary a problem that can’t be solved.

This community is also so much better than the phone reps. I’ve got to give the phone reps some credit, as they surely do try, but they’ve got nothing on the people here. I have yet to have a problem or questions with regard to my internet or system that hasn’t been quickly answered, and what’s even better is that I always learn something in the process. That’s one of the hidden gems with these boards. You can learn so much from just perusing through the posts.

I've learned about how to tweak my system to get the best performance, how to properly set up my router so it is the most secure it can be, how to make sure things aren't using data without me knowing about it, and what programs to use to watch that data usage. 

I also find it disheartening when certain individuals try to put down the Reps, Champions and other people on here that help others so much. I know why these certain individuals do this, but it doesn’t make it any better. To put someone down when they help people is a VERY low thing to do.  Not only low, but completely unjustified.  Only the official Reps get paid to do what they do.  Everyone else does it without any compensation, other than the satisfaction of helping the people that need it.  They take the time out of their day to help others because they can and they enjoy doing so.  With the limited knowledge I have acquired, I do, as well.  And the Champions truly deserve that title.  I can't tell you how much I have learned from them and how many people I have seen them help.  Again, they get nothing in return, other than the satisfaction of knowing they helped someone.  They don't have to do it, but they do it anyway.  That says a lot.   

Again, I have learned so much during the nearly eight months I have been coming to these boards. I’ve had the service for almost twelve years, but until late last year I even didn’t know this place existed, and I didn’t really start conversing on here until early this year. I wish I had done so sooner.

This is both a praise and a thank you to all of the people who are here and who have helped myself and others when we’ve had a question or problem. This place had made my experience with Hughesnet so much better and more fulfilling.

9 REPLIES 9
GW
Advanced Tutor

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Thank You Gabe.
Chris11
Alum

Thanks Gabe, for the kind words. We appreciate all the help, thoughtful conversation, and good vibes our community members bring. 
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Very kind of you Gabe but then you have to keep those HughesNet paychecks coming in like the rest of us undercover employees.....lol.
HughesNetCorpor

LMAO!!!!
Katie0
Admin

GabeU - Your kind post makes it very worthwhile.  We all appreciate your involvement - customers as well as moderators.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Well, I do want to get one of those 4K HDTVs, so the shill checks help.   LOL.  😉
HughesNetCorpor

tooo funny!
debbie.jean.bro
Advanced Tutor

I'd like to second GabeU's thanks. I've gotten prompt, courteous help with a smile from reps, champions, and other customers alike--including Gabe!-- whenever I've needed it. Thank you one and all! 🙂

I'd also like to emphasize Gabe's point about reading the archives. There is so much knowledge in the backlog of answered questions! My knowledge of hardware has increased at least twenty-fold since I've been on this forum. Mark Twain said, "The man who doesn't read has no advantage over the one who can't read." Those words could certainly be applied here. There is a plethora of knowledge available just for the taking. Avail yourselves!

Thank you Gabe, both for this post and for all the help you give on a regular basis, just because you want to help others. 🙂