Hughesnet Community

ABSOLUTELY USELESS

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gary43w2

ABSOLUTELY USELESS

Can I just say, What the hell are we paying for? It sure as hell isn't SERVICE I'll say that!
I've had UNUSUAL data allowance drainage, not usage, over the past week. I was on chat with a rep for almost an hour just to find out you can't tell me what it is that is accessing the internet FROM MY MODEM in real time? This is absolutely ridiculous! So when data is reset I guess I just have to watch it get flushed away?

Not that it would change the fact that I have something invasive on my computer, and not that this invasive "software" is HughesNet's problem but one would think that you would work to help your customers have the tools to view the processes/apps (transmitting/receiving data via the HughesNet modem) that are occurring on their systems in real time.

And it's funny, It's ALWAYS the routers fault? The router only transmits what it's told to transmit, that's all it is...a transmitter. IT'S NOT VIEWING PICS AND VIDS. IT'S NOT UPLOADING/DOWNLOADING THIRD PARTY CONTENT!
4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

gary43w2,

The modem can't tell you what your computer or other devices are doing, only if they are or aren't using data.  That's it.  It only transmits the data.    

With that said, as you may have read on these boards, one of the best programs to install on your computer to help you determine what, on that computer, is using data, is Glasswire.

https://www.glasswire.com/

Liz

Hi gary43w2,

Welcome to the community, I was about to suggest GlassWire but Gabe beat me to it. I'll leave your thread open so you can ask our community members who've used GlassWire for their insight to help you determine the source of your unidentified data usage.

Enjoy your weekend.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

robinhayes_23

A hughesnet rep told me NOT to go on hughesnet website after my days was used in a couple days. She said it would use it up everytime. I said I went on there once. She said that will do it. I said then why the hell have y'all got a website to further cheat us.  She said have a great day and hung up. WTH is wrong with hughesnet besides it totally sucks, If I had another choice I wouldn't use them. 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

The Hughesnet website will not use any more data than any other basic website.