cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AGSL...do I really have to use them?

AGSL...do I really have to use them?

I'm moving up the road a few miles. AGSL are once again ordered to move my system by hughesnet. THESE PEOPLE ARE TERRIBLE AND RUDE. 
For one they can't get me in till the 19th of September, that's almost 4 weeks away.
Two, when I called after received their text message, I got transferred 3 times, the last person...Jessie (male or female I have no idea) said our first available is the 19th of September. I said are you serious. He/she said yes. I said there's nothing earlier. They said no. I said well I guess that will have to do then. The phone then went silent and then it went dead. 
I would have thought they would have given me a confirmation regarding this.
I called back, got a new person, Tiffany. They asked me all kinds of questions, the siding, the roofing, the house height.

Do I really have to go through AGSL? Don't you use anyone else?
My ref is 43409834

I
13 REPLIES 13

Re: AGSL...do I really have to use them?

I don't know what AGLS IS but I think you are getting scammed . I got hacked this a.m. so laptop is all messed up
Advanced Tutor

Go here and find another local dealer. They'll take better care of you: http://www.hughesnet.com/index.cfm?page=Local-Dealers
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com

I get that their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. My last name is Huffington. I don't think that's hard to pronounce correctly. But I had the female support person mispronounce my name as Mr. Hauvington at least 4 times and I had her on speaker phone and my daughter was rolling on the floor. She asked how the woman got the "v" out of our name. I said I have no clue. She was no help what so ever so I just told her I was busy and didn't have time for this. In my experiences they always have multiple layers of support and your first contact is always the most incompetent and are trained not to think but to look things up in a solutions database which are common issues that the senior support people have already figured out ways to resolve . Companies do this support level structure to save money so they don't have to hire competent experienced people at top dollar.

Rick, they're a company that hughes contract out to for installations.

Thanks Alan but there is no dealer within 100 miles of me Smiley Sad

Michael, I hate to say this but the English language is lacking in this country. People have become lazy, lazy in teaching and lazy in learning. Spelling is atrocious, punctuation even worse. Many of these are from professionals, from adverts to magazine articles.
Advanced Tutor

Sarah, give me a ZIP code and I'll see if I can locate someone for you.

69156 or 69162
Thank you Alan
Advanced Tutor

You sure are a long ways out from anywhere but try these guys to see if they'll come out that far, or if they know of a retailer closer to you:

VK Electronics
606 West B Street
Mc Cook, NE, 69001
Telephone:  308 345 5294
www.vkstore.com

Thanks Alan. Sorry I haven't responded, our move got changed to next week and I've been busy cleaning the new house, it's so disgusting. Plus I was house and herd sitting, 5 bottle fed calves take it out of you lol

Update on this now that I'm back online: They call me a few days before the 19th and ask to make the appointment for the 18th, that's fine by me. The guy is supposed to show between 5pm and 9pm. He never showed up. I was furious, I'd already waited 3 weeks. I call AGSL the next morning, mid morning that is, they have no idea and will get back to me before Monday. I called them, they didn't call me. I called them again that afternoon cause they said someone would get back to me that afternoon. They didn't know when they could schedule me back in but someone would get back to me between Saturday and Monday. Couple of hours go by and some gal calls me and says they can fit me in on the 27th. This now makes it 4 weeks without internet. My business is up the shit, my clients web page is sitting dormant. My husbands trade are up the shit, I can't talk with my family back home...I'm an Aussie.  I can't research the spiders that are crawling all over the yard, spinning webs in the grass. I thought they were brown recluse. I don't have a fancy phone so I can't use it.
I call Hughes and I complain, I call again, I complain. I think I called every day cause someone said they'd get back to me. Finally on Monday I get to talk to someone that actually cares, a nice gal from TEXAS. She puts me through to some nice people who help me more. I was given a months credit cause of all the bullshit but that was on the Friday before after complaining. Now I'm given $30 month off for 12 months....this is good. 
Finally the 27th comes. The guy is running so late. He gets me all hooked up. Super nice guy too. He is from Iowa and has traveled from Iowa and is driving back to Iowa that same night to be with his family. He said he couldn't make his next appointment because it was getting so late and he had a long drive ahead of him.

HUGHESNET, GET RID OF AGSL. They are worthless, rude, so far behind with their work, morons...this is the call desk I'm talking about. One of them actually hung up on me, no thank you, nothing.
Now the Dish guy got there in a week and had me hooked up. Said he could have done my internet right there and then if only Hughes got their shit together and sorted it out with Dish. 

At one point I asked for the name and address so I could send in a handwritten formal complaint...now that got me some major attention from Hughes. I'd still like that address cause I'd still like to send in that handwritten formal complaint.

And my connection is slow