ASUS router RT-AC68U

Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Re: ASUS router RT-AC68U

Something with a blue beam I think Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Tutor

This what mine looks like right now. Though all the gobbldegook has a funny way of saying it, the thing is a laser printer connected by ethernet. The address of 192.168.1.102 is set inside the printer and locked in.

Highlighted
Tutor

This what mine looks like right now. Though all the gobbldegook has a funny way of saying it, the thing is a laser printer connected by ethernet. The address of 192.168.1.102 is set inside the printer and locked in.

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Just changed TV to obtain address automatically and now shows Manual assignment in the list on router, the address I assigned which was the same as the automatic. Thanks GW, at least I understand the difference between Manual and Static assignment now. One of those things that is very nuanced.

Good day when an old geezer learns something new.  
Highlighted
Tutor

I heard that. I'm retard but not quite full retarment age. It's good to (be able to) learn something every day
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Of course we have to remember that networking is at least as much Art as Science.
Highlighted
Tutor

After all this router chat I decided to go ahead and set my wireless printer to a manually assigned address rather than leave it on the flipfloppy DHCP. Maybe now I won't have to chase that thing down and recapture it a few times a year. I hate when that happens.
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Actually beginning to understand all the bells and whistles on this Cadillac router. Sure has taken me long enough. There's still things I haven't delved into because no need to, like VPN.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Maybe it's too much to answer here, but what's the purpose of a VPN, especially to a home internet user? 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

I have absolutley nothing to add to this conversation as far as advise and such. I just came over to bring you all a wee cup of tea Smiley Tongue